Audio Steering Wheel Controls On Es 2004?

mikek753

Hello,

I'd like to have audio steering wheel controls as it's in ES 330 05 model. I have ES 330 04 that doesn't have it :cries:

Are any OEM kits can be used to DIY to add that audio keys?

Any one already did that?

Thanks.

I'm sure you could do it, but like lexusk8 said its probably going to be cost prohibitive. Keep in mind, brand new, one of those steering wheels costs $3,000. Plus you'll have to buy a new airbag and a wiring harness, and either dismantle the dash to add the wires or pay someone to do it. The whole thing will probably wind up costing you 5 G's.

You'd probably be better off trading the 04 on an 05, won't cost you MUCH more and you'll get all the other stuff new on the 05 too.

I share your pain, I love the steering wheel radio controls.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh :unsure:

yes, no point of doing that replacement for $3k-$5k

I was under impression it is just simple adding controls and wire it to audio - no need for whole wheel replacement - too bad.

thanks for the info.

It can be done but I would suggest you get you get your parts on ebay. You will need a new clock spring in the steering column, and running 3 wires to the stereo. The buttons work via resistor values. You can get wiring diagrams on the online toyota/lexus guide. It costs 10 bucks per day of access.