Want To Get Is 300 - One Major Problem.

al4

I found a nice IS 300 that I'd like to look at it.

However, out of curiousity I did an online quote at Progressive - and a 2001 IS 300 came to $600.46/mo for "Recommended" coverage. I'm 21, and I don't plan to do anything more than drive to work and back and go out and about. No mods, racing, rallies, etc.

Is $600.46 "on par" with what other people pay or is it just high cause the quote was online or cause of the company?

That sounds way high, even at your age. Besides, have heard some bad reports about Progressive's claim handling.  Try Allstate or some company that has a local agent you can talk with and decide what coverage you really need.

I have a gs3 and my insurance is through the roof. I'm 23 and anxiously await a drop in my rates...good luck!

That sounds way high, even at your age. Besides, have heard some bad reports about Progressive's claim handling.  Try Allstate or some company that has a local agent you can talk with and decide what coverage you really need.

I have a gs3 and my insurance is through the roof. I'm 23 and anxiously await a drop in my rates...good luck!

It will drop when you turn 25. Getting married also helps.

However, out of curiousity I did an online quote at Progressive - and a 2001 IS 300 came to $600.46/mo for "Recommended" coverage. I'm 21, and I don't plan to do anything more than drive to work and back and go out and about. No mods, racing, rallies, etc.

Is $600.46 "on par" with what other people pay or is it just high cause the quote was online or cause of the company?

Ouch! :blink: I'm afraid your age is your biggest enemy here bud. That's outrageous. That's $7205.52 per year! :o

:cheers:

Ouch! :blink: I'm afraid your age is your biggest enemy here bud. That's outrageous. That's $7205.52 per year! :o

:cheers:

Thats just crazy!! Insurance can't be that much must be a typo??? I would hope..

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

when i first bought this car i got quoted @ $600 / mo. from geico, state farm, and progressive, when i actually applied at geico they gave me $190 / mo.

so apparently quotes can be enourmously inaccurate until they actually run credit checks, accident history, ect.

my record is not perfect but close to it - just a 3am right on red and a speeding ticket :cries: