10k Service Cost For 05 Rx 330

natsueo

I have a ’05 RX330 in the Sacramento, CA area. My car now needs 10K service, which I found out costs $225 and includes oil change, rotate tires, and cabin filter change. This will be my first “paid” service to Lexus; the 5K service was complimentary. I wondered is it really worth bringing the car there or find a local place with experience working on Lexus.

I am also looking into if others received an “employee discount” through their family and was there a big price difference? (My family member works for a dealership and inquiring on any “employee discounts” if any. ) I need to get the car serviced within the next week, but wanted to find out what people on the forum thought. I appreciate your thoughts/feedback. Thanks.

I'd find a trusted independant mechanic/dealer. Don't worry too much about the 10k service. I typically take my car in for the main service intervals of 30k, 60k, 90k. I find it ridiculous that they are charging you $225 for the aformentioned items. You can save much more $$$ elsewhere but definitely have the items take care of, not for $225.

in South Bay Area (CA) as I wrote already that 10k service cost $400+ for ES330

as result I did it myself.

So, it's about your time. And yes, trusted mech. can save you a lot and even can do better / faster then Lexus service will - IMHO, but you will not get free coffe and cookies :whistles:

• 1 year later...

So, it's about your time. And yes, trusted mech. can save you a lot and even can do better / faster then Lexus service will - IMHO, but you will not get free coffe and cookies :whistles:

Try the local Toyota dealer. Same parts and service for a lot less money.

• 11 months later...

Try the local Toyota dealer. Same parts and service for a lot less money.

Agree with the Toyota recommendation. My RX 350 is coming up on its 10K mile service interval, so I did a little research. Lexus dealership quote: $214, local Toyota dealership quote for the exact same service: $49.95.

My conclusion.. I'll skip the free donut from Lexus for the $150+ savings at Toyota!

• 2 weeks later...

unless the oil change is free.. DIY is the best way to go

Just go to pick up a Filter from Lexus(or use whatever you prefer), by some reason the Lexus in my area sell oil filter cheaper than Toyota, Lexus, 6.49, and Toyota is 6.95. Oh well. But, go buy a oil drain plug gasket(washer) as well. Lexus price 3 dollars, Toyota price 97 cents. You do the math. Same thing with Cabin Filter, pick up you phone and call both places, you may end up save enough to get 2 to 3 quarts of oils. You just need a part number.

Just go in for 30k, 60k. those kind of big maintenance. Those maintenance for my 02'RX300 is about 350, not sure about 330.

• 2 weeks later...
unless the oil change is free.. DIY is the best way to go

Just go to pick up a Filter from Lexus(or use whatever you prefer), by some reason the Lexus in my area sell oil filter cheaper than Toyota, Lexus, 6.49, and Toyota is 6.95. Oh well. But, go buy a oil drain plug gasket(washer) as well. Lexus price 3 dollars, Toyota price 97 cents. You do the math. Same thing with Cabin Filter, pick up you phone and call both places, you may end up save enough to get 2 to 3 quarts of oils. You just need a part number.

Just go in for 30k, 60k. those kind of big maintenance. Those maintenance for my 02'RX300 is about 350, not sure about 330.

For you new 07 RX 350 owners, filter type and location has changed. The cannister type being used is not offered by FRAM, but NAPA . NEW PART number is NAPA 7047, less than 6 bucks with the o ring.