Climate Control Malfunctioning

wucantstop

I just noticed this year when it got cold that my climate control was acting funny. I used the air conditioning all summer and it worked fine, but when the weather cooled down and it came time to use the heat, there was a problem. When I turn climate control on, it blows hot air, which is what it's supposed to do, but the problem is that it always blows on high and at full temperature, even when I have it set to low and 65 degrees. If I have it set to Auto, no matter what temperature I set it blows really hot and at full fan speed. If I put it to the low setting manually, it still blows extremely hot air regardless of the temperature I set.

This is too annoying because it's getting cold here in NY now and when I turn the heat on, it heats up quickly and stays very hot - too hot for comfort, so then I have to turn it off or turn it all the way down to max 'cold' to compensate for the extreme heat. Then it gets cold in the car again after a while and...you know the routine. I really want to get this fixed.

Does anyone have any ideas? Heater control valve? Some sort of temperature sensor? I have no idea so any help is appreciated.

The OAT, Outside Air Temperature, sensor may be open, or the IAT, interior air temperature, sensor may be open. But if you go to max cooling you should always get cool airflow because it then ignores the sensors. I would say the blend door is stuck in the max heat position but that wouldn't account for the blower also being high.

• 7 months later...