Xm Radio Options For Rx 400h ?

I have a RX 400h on order and want to have xm radio, just wondering since it is not available factory as yet, what my options are. I am not too excited about having a Rhody hanging on my dash. Are there any built into the radio options out there and what is the approx cost? And who installs them? :rolleyes:

I have a RX 400h on order and want to have xm radio, just wondering since it is not available factory as yet, what my options are. I am not too excited about having a Rhody hanging on my dash. Are there any built into the radio options out there and what is the approx cost? And who installs them?    :rolleyes:

Here is a copy of the posting I made on the XM thread on Sept. 20th:

Well guys,

I went up to North Jersey today and played guinea pig for the prius xm folks' xm radio installation. The bottom line is, IT WORKS GREAT. It is completely integrated with my existing radio (no outside controllers, wires, etc.). As I scroll through the radio bands, I now have 3 satellite bands available for storing presets.

This company was very cool and did a great job on the install so if you are in reasonable proximity to the Morristown, NJ area I would recommend that you let them do the install, though I must admit that if you are moderatly handy, this install will be a piece of cake.

In addition to the XM install, they also tested their Sirius unit and it worked perfectly. I am extremely satisfied and it was much more reasonably priced than the VAIS unit.

The control unit mounted easily under a rear storage tray near the hatch and running the cable through the car was a piece of cake. The satellite antenna was installed right behind the GPS antenna and you can hardly tell its there.

Any questions, let me know. You can check this guy out at the following url's.

http://www.priusxm.com/

http://www.siriusprius.com/

As a follow up, after three months, no problems, seamless integration with my existing RX400 stuff and no issues. If you go to this guy's website, he doesn't advertise the rx400 setup so send him an email and he will ship you his setup. The unit he installs is a toyota manufactured unit.

I have a RX 400h on order and want to have xm radio, just wondering since it is not available factory as yet, what my options are. I am not too excited about having a Rhody hanging on my dash. Are there any built into the radio options out there and what is the approx cost? And who installs them?    :rolleyes:

Well, your first mistake is XM. Sirius is way better ;)

I just noticed your question about installation. If you are at all handy the installation is a snap. If not, I would venture to say that any car audio place that knows it's stuff would have no problem at all installing the unit.

Regarding price, I think the unit is about $400. I got a better deal because I drove up to him and played guinea pig to see if his stuff worked okay so I don't know the exact price. His name is Jon August.

I just noticed your question about installation. If you are at all handy the installation is a snap. If not, I would venture to say that any car audio place that knows it's stuff would have no problem at all installing the unit.

Regarding price, I think the unit is about $400. I got a better deal because I drove up to him and played guinea pig to see if his stuff worked okay so I don't know the exact price. His name is Jon August.

The local Lexus dealer in Portland Or refered me to a guy who installs a xm with a small mounted screen not included in the Nav screen. Where is your screen is in incorporated in the Nav or radio screen? Does it have the capability for preselected buttons for preset stations? thanks Gerald

I installed the XM -- Lexus dealer installed - Delphi - It works very good. Not as good as the built in on my Audi but ok for my needs. Wouldn't be without it being a news junky. Good luck !

post-2629-1133578368_thumb.jpgpost-2629-1133578498_thumb.jpgpost-2629-1133748044_thumb.jpg

I installed the XM  --  Lexus dealer installed -  Delphi -  It works very good. Not as good as the built in on my Audi but ok for my needs. Wouldn't be without it  being a news junky. Good luck !

post-2629-1133578368_thumb.jpgpost-2629-1133578498_thumb.jpg

Mounted mine above the steering wheel. Look at the Pict..

The local Lexus dealer in Portland Or refered me to a guy who installs a xm with a small mounted screen not included in the Nav screen. Where is your screen is in incorporated in the Nav or radio screen? Does it have the capability for preselected buttons for preset stations? thanks Gerald

Gerald,

My unit uses all the existing radio controls. I get 3 satellite bands with 6 presets available for each band. It works exactly like the fm or am tuner. In fact, you hit the am button to scroll through the satellite bands. This is a toyota manufactured satellite unit and is fully integrated into the car. The antenna is a small black square which is mounted behind my existing GPS antenna and is virtually invisible.

Hope that answers your questions.

hi guys,just wondering,,does the xm work exactly like in the prius,do the voice commands work and do the all the stations show on the nav screen,,,does it require alot of taking apart?

Unlke the prius, the rx400 radio controls are not integrated into the touch screen, but appear on a seperate digital display lower in the console. The voice commands do work with the unit, though personally I find the voice commands a waste of time. I find it easier to hit the channel or volume button myself.

Ron is there something wrong with your screen? It looks like it's off center completely or it sticking out from behind the trim of the radio. Thinking of changing to a similar radio for my 4Runner, since the big XM2Go one I have is getting annoying and is hard to mount.

post-18112-1133912576_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ron is there something wrong with your screen? It looks like it's off center completely or it sticking out from behind the trim of the radio. Thinking of changing to a similar radio for my 4Runner, since the big XM2Go one I have is getting annoying and is hard to mount.

It may be just a reflection --- It looks alright in person. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ron

Boy I like this car !!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a RX 400h on order and want to have xm radio, just wondering since it is not available factory as yet, what my options are. I am not too excited about having a Rhody hanging on my dash. Are there any built into the radio options out there and what is the approx cost? And who installs them? :rolleyes:

jashev, I've already contacted Jon about the RX400h application of the Sirius XM unit and I'm awaiting his response. In the meantime, do you have any photos of the finished product in your 400h (e.g. main unit installation and power wires, antenna pass-through to the interior, connections to radio) so I may know what the install should look like?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

- gogetter

"Quality is never an accident"

jashev, I've already contacted Jon about the RX400h application of the Sirius XM unit and I'm awaiting his response. In the meantime, do you have any photos of the finished product in your 400h (e.g. main unit installation and power wires, antenna pass-through to the interior, connections to radio) so I may know what the install should look like?

I am leaving tomorrow and will be out of town until Friday AM, however I would be happy to take some shots then and email them to you. In reality, there is not much to see. The xm unit is located under the rear floor near the right rear tire well, the antenna runs through the hatch and to a low profile antenna mounted behind the GPS antenna.

- gogetter

• 2 weeks later...

I am leaving tomorrow and will be out of town until Friday AM, however I would be happy to take some shots then and email them to you. In reality, there is not much to see. The xm unit is located under the rear floor near the right rear tire well, the antenna runs through the hatch and to a low profile antenna mounted behind the GPS antenna.

- gogetter

Thanks for the reply, jashev.

Jon says that he is working on a kit for the Lexus RX400h and it should be available in the next few weeks. Maybe he'll have an instruction booklet/DVD that will guide me through the installation process. Otherwise, I may have to take you up on your offer to send some pictures of your install.

Thanks again...

- gogetter

Had Jon install the XM unit in my 400 on Xmas eve. He did a great job. Not much to see in the installation, everything is hidden except for the antenna. He told me that he had some more work to do on the DVD for the install kit but that he should have it out soon.

- gogetter

post-2629-1138117167_thumb.jpg

post-2629-1138117193_thumb.jpg

post-2629-1138117255_thumb.jpg

• 10 years later...

Can anyone provide me the part numbers from Toyota that would be used to self install satellite radio in my 2007 RX400H?  I know someone who has these part 86180-0W032

Im wondering what else I need.  Thanks!

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:55 AM, jmbeam59 said:

Can anyone provide me the part numbers from Toyota that would be used to self install satellite radio in my 2007 RX400H?  I know someone who has these part 86180-0W032

Im wondering what else I need.  Thanks!

I suggest that you forget about the official Toyota parts and get a complete kit off eBay or Amazon ... something like this:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-Sirius-XM-satellite-radio-car-interface-kit-3-5mm-Aux-Input-SiriusXM-/391418017797?hash=item5b2254f805:g:1tIAAOSwQItUB273&vxp=mtr  

I'm actually "warming up" to SiriusXM during the two-month trial I'm currently in and am finding quite a lot that I like.  We've had free trials on several new cars and used sat radio in rental cars and had never been happy with it in the past.  I'll probably renew at $5/month during a promotion but I'm not willing to pay more than $60/year for SiriusXM stations and nav traffic.