Rx330 Dash Noise

300gone330

Has anyone here heard rumor of lexus knowing of dash molding/gasket issues causing creaking that they are replacing but are not escalating to the level of recalling? Dealer has had my RX for 3 days running citing that they are replacing the gaskets (say they have the dash out and this is a known issue with the RX330).

Any info is appreciated as I feel as if they are holding back information/let me know as little as possible when I pressed them on what the reason for the creaking was.

Thanks

Not to post from another cite, but found info on this topic at clublexus.com

Here's the link for anyone else going through this issue (11+ hours labor involved, and a week without your vehicle to "fix", hopefully...so make sure you get your car into the dealer BEFORE your warranty runs out!)

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109521

Has anyone here heard rumor of lexus knowing of dash molding/gasket issues causing creaking that they are replacing but are not escalating to the level of recalling?  Dealer has had my RX for 3 days running citing that they are replacing the gaskets (say they have the dash out and this is a known issue with the RX330).

Any info is appreciated as I feel as if they are holding back information/let me know as little as possible when I pressed them on what the reason for the creaking was.

Thanks

Just had a persistent, although intermittant, rattle fixed in my dash. Not sure I would describe problem as a creak but then terms rattle and creak are not precise, so . . . Our RX 330 has 5,000 miles. Completely different sound now. No rattles and entire dash is now rock-solid (like a Lexus should be).

Required 2 1/2 days for my dealer to fix. I didn't see the enire bill (going to Lexus) long enough, but fixing the rattle cost about $887 and had one part that cost about $19.

I had already had the glove compartment ratttle fixed with additional insulation at 1,000 miles. I think we are still getting a harmonic rattle from the right side of the car.

Other than the rattles, we LOVE this vehicle. Who would have thought an SUV could actually be fun to drive? (We do have AWD.) :D

AWD as well...although my noise is definitely not a rattle, but a creak (akin to a bad wood floor board that someone keeps walking across.) My car is Canadian and didnt begin to evidence the noise until apx 30K miles. As for fun to drive...well, I dont go that far. Nice ride, and hopefully quiet again once this repair is done. The RX is in need of more hp to gain a "fun to drive" award of excellence from this poster...I prefer the Infiniti FX in this arena, but it lacks the refinement of the RX.

DASH RATTLE - We had had this problem for 37K or since new.

DEALER HAS HAD 3 CHANCES TO FIX IT!

Do u think the 4th would be the charm? It is worse then ever this winter. It again came back about 2 weeks ago when the weather really got cold here. I guess I will again call for them to repair it again? Sounds like they just might have a handle on the problem this time.

I got what seems like both, dash and glovebox rattle, Living in Alaska it does get a little cold and thats when it really acts up! But there seems to be a fix from what Im reading whether its the cold doing it or not. I just hate for them to tear into the dash, because it may invite MORE Rattles--Jeez I hope not

The best lube I've found for pesky squeaks and rattles in dashboards and plastic parts that rub together is powdered graphite. It can be a bit messy to work with and you have to be able to get it down into the offending nooks and crannies, but once you've located the problem area it doesn't require very much product in order to silence the noise. If you're at the end of your rope with your dealer in attempting to find and fix problems such as this, get yourself a tube of powdered graphite and a long, extremely thin plastic straw (such as those that come with the spray cans of silicone lubricant) and go after the inner workings of your glove compartment yourself. You can feed some powdered graphite into one end of the straw using a needle or pin, position that end into place, and then give a quick blow into the other end to distribute the graphite where you want it. Just be sure to put some newspaper down on your floorboard to catch any residue that you may spill while attempting to blow the graphite down into those tight spaces.

Wheeew--I just went out for lunch and my dash is a rattle trap all of a sudden--Progressively getting worse, yes its cold but its doing it on all but SMOOTH road it creaks and rattles behind the Nav display? Im calling my freindly L dealer and He will have some major work to do soon!

I can live with a squeek her and there but this is rediculouis :chairshot:

firechief,where in wisc do you live? last feb my 05rx got the noise fixed at lex of Brookfield. sounded like two styrofoam take out containers rubbing together.the noise was on top of dash just behind defroster, and was noticeable on rough city streets(dountown Waukesha). I was told dash locating pins were 1mm too long, and had to be cut. dash was removed took, two days (foam had to cure?) no noise since!! :cheers: Work order states: tisb nv007,Used noise kit 08231-00801. Dealer bent over backward to be acomedating.

I had my dash rattle fixed (almost succesfully) at 10,000 miles. But rattle comes back recently (20,000 miles), especially on the cold days. Do you know how long is the warrant period for that? I hope it is 24,000 miles.

:cries: