Climate Controls Dead, No Response

Hi, newbie here.

With no particular warning, my climate control panel is completely unrepsonsive. The display itself lights up fine, along with the other displays/dash lights. The LCD is clear, and clean (not blacked out like others talk about) - IT'S JUST DEAD. The display is completly blank, and NONE of the buttons repsond. It's like the whole module is fried.

Now...I did have what I believed to be a ground problem (lights dim, Cd player cut off when I hit the brakes). But I wouldn't think that it would cause the Cimate Contrls to completely die, and stay dead?

FYI - the ground problem is being addressed (new ground kit, negative cable, and battery).

Is my DEAD Climate Control common, suggestsion, advice?

This has not been a common problem. The LCD Bleed and lose of backlight have been a problem. If you correct your ground issue and the unit still does not work, then it is probably fried. If so, you could find a unit with the LCD Bleed problem and pick it up rather cheaply and then put your LCD into this unit.

It is a lot more expensive to find a CCU with a clear LCD.

Does your cigarette lighter have power??

Probably the fuse has blown for your cigarette lighter - the HVAC controls run off of the same fuse.

Before you replace the fuse, make sure that you have not dropped anything metal into the socket - that's the most common cause.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

It is located in a somewhat inconvenient spot. It's on the drivers side kick panel. You have to forceful pull down the carpet lining on the left wall of the driver's foot well area. The fuse panel is located there. When you pull off the cover, it will expose the panel itself. A 'map' of the panel is located on the lid, and a description of each fuse can be found in the owner's manual. I don't remember which fuse it was.