Rain Deflectors For Sc400

tcbutcher

I purchased a set and was not very happy with them. The contour does not allow them to sit very far from the window. If you crack the window open, there is only about a 1/4" clearance from the edge of the window to the edge of the deflector.

Sorry to say I am a smoker and you have to drop the window below the edge of the deflector to get out the window. There should have been more outward curve to the plastic.

But, then again, this is the only option fo rdeflectors. So you decide.

:cheers:

Regarding the last post above....Being a smoker too (21st century leper) and since you have them installed on your car, I'm wondering which is the lesser of the two evils:

1) Cracking the window a small bit while smoking and it's raining and have the rain dribble on your leg, window controls, etc?...or

2) Dropping the window to just above the lower part of the deflector?

They are not fully effective. It is a slight improvement over the constant leak. It doesn't rain on the controls, but it still tends to rain on you leg. If they would mold then to have a little more outward curvature, they would be much more effective.