Newbie Needs Some Help!

I want to start by seying hello. I seen this forum on a search and found that it was nice, so I joined ;) . I need some info about my climate control display. Its completely black untill it gets hot(160 degrees in the car). It only works during the summer days. I live in arizona so the heat is making it work. When it cools down or its winter it doesnt work. Where can I find another one? Can I get this one fixed? I have called every junkyard in arizona and I cant find anything. Heck there were a total of 3 ls400's out of all the yards I called.

One more thing, I am going to put my foldout monitor in my car next week and I am looking for a kit. I have tried everybody out here but came up empty. I have seen pictures on how to take it out but dont know how to install it(brackets to hold it unplace). I am putting a indash dvd player below it also. If anybody had any info please let me know. My car is a 91 ls400

Thx Mchael

I want to start by seying hello. I seen this forum on a search and found that it was nice, so I joined ;) . I need some info about my climate control display. Its completely black untill it gets hot(160 degrees in the car). It only works during the summer days. I live in arizona so the heat is making it work. When it cools down or its winter it doesnt work. Where can I find another one? Can I get this one fixed? I have called every junkyard in arizona and I cant find anything. Heck there were a total of 3 ls400's out of all the yards I called.

One more thing, I am going to put my foldout monitor in my car next week and I am looking for a kit. I have tried everybody out here but came up empty. I have seen pictures on how to take it out but dont know how to install it(brackets to hold it unplace). I am putting a indash dvd player below it also. If anybody had any info please let me know. My car is a 91 ls400

Thx Mchael

Welcome to the site. i think you will find it pleasing.

As for your first question, i wish i could help you on this matter but i would say take it to a dealer and have them look at it.

As for your second question. Follow the link below. If this company does not have a dash kit for your car then it just is not out there. good luck.

http://www.installer.com/kits/index.html

about the black Ac/ display, I have that too..

you should look at JIM WALKER's post,

i think on page 2..

Im currently trying to decide if I should just go to dealer and get it over with or search for a used one at a salvage yard..

1000 CAD vs . 300,400 cad ?

What makes these displays go black? I thought it was the heat, but perhaps it is the cold. I think the dealer charges around 600 to replace the module but that's just what I've heard.