No Heat

alicias

my heater is blowing cool air. it sounds like the thermostat is stuck open and needs to be replaced. at least that's what i'm hoping since that's relatively cheap to fix.

where is the thermostat located? Some postings say its easy to find some say it'll take 3 hours to change.

if its not the thermostat, i'm going to check the heater control valve ... does anyone have any pictures of the thermotat location and/or heater control valve?

I have an SC400 1994 and there is no heat blowing out. The AC runs fine. My temp gauge works so the thermostat must be working (i guess) so the next step is the Heater cotrol valve? I have done the tube bypass and the vac actuates, but no fan blowing out heat. Can a LS400 HCV be used instead? It's only 82 USD vs 315 USD.

Thanks

I have an SC400 1994 and there is no heat blowing out. The AC runs fine. My temp gauge works so the thermostat must be working (i guess) so the next step is the Heater cotrol valve? I have done the tube bypass and the vac actuates, but no fan blowing out heat.  Can a LS400 HCV be used instead? It's only 82 USD vs 315 USD.

Thanks

Hope its not the blend door ,I am having mine fixed in my cherokee today. A five our job at 90.00 an hour sucks and thats just labor.I have split system and just passengers side blows cold air.

• 2 weeks later...