1993 Es300 Strut Ugrade/update

Khyrohn

I've replaced the control arms, the sway bushings and have brand new tires all around. But the ride still just isn't what I've seen in other es300's across the board. I tried browsing through previous forums but had trouble getting any closure. I'm curious if buying an aftermarket set like kyb or tokiko is a good way to go. Maybe save some money and just get OEM style? I want to spend around 300 for struts and 300 for install. Also curious as to whether a set of struts off of a 94-96, 97-01, or 02-06 es300 would fit/make an impact on smoothness. I don't really care about handeling improvements either, i just want a nice smooth ride.

With a 93 you can either get the 92-94 serviceable struts, or the 94-96 sealed struts. (AFA styles go) Any Japanese aftermarket strut is going to do great, tho you'll more than likely want to combine them with some new springs.

I know on my '93 ES the rear springs are sagging from the years of weight back there!