Water Spots On Mirror

My 2 week old 06 GX470 has some water spots on the outside side view mirror glass. I tried straight vinegar but it didn't remove the spots. What else can I try that will not ruin the mirror or destroy the water repellant mirror glass? Thanks

I have asked similar questions about water spots and never got any specific answers about specific products that are CERTAIN to do a good job and where to buy them. So I've just been experimenting on my own. So far I've found household water spot remover products like Lime Away are partially effective and more fully effective if applied multiple times over multiple days.

I feel there surely must be some other chemical acid type product available that could more effectively dissolve waterspots in seconds, but I have yet to fine one.

• 4 months later...

I have been going nuts with the water spots on all my glass except the front..clay didn't touch it and all the rest. Well my neighbor was here yesterday and I mentioned it to him since he was a Detail Judge for the Porsche club. He said to get some Bon Ami cleanser, make a "paste" and rub it in as it is non abrasive unlike the others..Comet, Borax etc. Well I have some Bar Keepers Friend, which is also non abrasive and tried it...I could not believe my eyes. Clean as a whistle and all this black stuff came off on the wet Paper towel. Amazing...I've been messing with this for 7 month's!!!!