New Car

razahyde

That S55 is a sweet ride. I had the chance to drive one on a closed course at the VIR race track a couple of years ago (along with an SL55 and E55) for the MB "On Track" event. That thing threw me against the seat and never let up until I took my foot off the gas.

The power was incredible, but the handling was only OK - primarily due to the size and weight of the car. I still prefer my "sports" cars to be small and more agile. In some respects the horsepower is wasted in that car unless you want to go straight really fast. (theoretically you could say it is wasted in the US overall since our speed limits top out at 75 MPH but we don't need to get into that argument). As far as the AMG sedans are concerned, I thought that the E55 handled much better, was quicker and you were able to maximize more of the AMG package on it when compared to the S55. To me the S Class was always more of a cruising machine and less of a sport ride.

Still a sweet ride though, but as some suggested - It would have been wise to have been introduced to the Service Writers at your local dealership - you'll be seeing them alot (and kicking yourself while your tooting around in a C-Class loaner).

Tell your son to take care of the Lexus - as he has a nicer car than most kids do at 16 (and some at 56 too).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome ride, truly ! Great price too . If PM at a Lexus dealer is costly @ $95 /hr., I'm thinking you have money to burn for Belt changes etc. on the BenZ.

Not to talk down to the S55 or nothin', but this IS a LEXUS forum. I'm sure there's a MB one you can show off the new baby on :-)

Good Luck

Hammo400

It doesnt matter if its a lexus or not. I drive a ford, but I stay here, because I am accepted here, because there is little/no BS on this board, and because I'm well respected here.

However, he could have put it in General Discussion, but I can see why he posted it here, as he is a former LS owner, and it is a car that is comparable to the LS.

My point is, lexus or not, He is a valued member of this site, until he proves otherwise. And we are happy to have him irregardless of what car he has.

One of the reasons I stick around is because I know more about the ES250 than almost anyone else on this site with the exception of JP Imports. And we have more than a few ES250 owners that reside here. I used to have one myself. I just cannot currently afford, nor do I want to afford my dream LS400 because of my location (LOTS OF SALT!!!!) So I drive a car I love, that has less than half the yearly costs of an LS400. I also got a killer deal.

The bottom line is this: Members are welcome here, no matter what kind of car they drive, until such time as the management deems they are breaking the rules. There is no rule here that says you have to have a lexus to be a member. I registered and had posted and learned alot before I ever even drove my lexus. This site is dedicated to the brand and the members both. Because whether we are current owners or not, We are all potential Lexus Customers, and something drew us here, be it curiousity about the brand or a problem with a car, or just looking for a good place to meet good friends. I have accomplished all three at one time or another on this board, and I have met friends for life here, friends that I would do anything for. (Blake918, RFeldes, and SW03ES, Matthew McNally to name a few).

Im doing my very best to be polite as possible in pointing this out to you, as you are a valued member here as well and deserve respect as well.

If i were a mod I would move this thread (*hint Hint* ;) )

Places like this forum are exactly why I fight for my country. To protect things like this.

OK Army, point taken, please don't sugar coat things so much , I'll get cavities LoL

First, let' settle the "NEW MEMBER" issue: I joined in May 2003, you joined in Sept. 2004, so don't go there again !

Second, It's great to have all sorts of people talk about their automotive experiences. I enjoy reading them when I can. MY point is that the text is OK, but too many pix fills up the server this site is managed from - I think 1 pic would have been cool. Do you agree?

Good points all around. I'm no snob. It took me 25 years to be able to afford my first Lexus. I'm proud of it, as I'm sure you are of your Ford. As this is still the USA, all opinions (within reason, and dictated by management) are respected , MINE INCLUDED. Thanks for yours. I'll give it the consideration it's due.

OK Army, point taken, please don't sugar coat things so much , I'll get cavities LoL

First, let' settle the "NEW MEMBER" issue: I joined in May 2003, you joined in Sept. 2004, so don't go there again !

Second, It's great to have all sorts of people talk about their automotive experiences. I enjoy reading them when I can. MY point is that the text is OK, but too many pix fills up the server this site is managed from - I think 1 pic would have been cool. Do you agree? 

Good points all around. I'm no snob. It took me 25 years to be able to afford my first Lexus. I'm proud of it, as I'm sure you are of your Ford.  As this is still the USA, all opinions (within reason, and dictated by management) are respected , MINE INCLUDED.  Thanks for yours. I'll give it the consideration it's due.

Yeah, my fault on the new member thing. i saw your post cont and asumed...my mistake. LOL. I withdrew the comment publicly as well as deleted it from my post.

I was very proud of my lexus too.

I do agree one pic would have sufficed, but then, who am I to dictate these things? :unsure:

I am sorry if i offended you. Not my intent. And i do respect your opinion. :)

Hammo, take this anyway you want to my friend, but Army has made a lot more contributions to this board than you have in helping us other members figure out our cars. So in my eyes, you're the newbie here. Also, who cares how many pictures are posted up here? Who are you to dictate the server(s) capacity? I'm sorry, but I don't see "Moderator, or Administrator" next to your name?? Not trying to p*ss on your parade amigo, and I too respect opinions, all opinions.

Hammo, take this anyway you want to my friend, but Army has made a lot more contributions to this board than you have in helping us other members figure out our cars. So in my eyes, you're the newbie here. Also, who cares how many pictures are posted up here? Who are you to dictate the server(s) capacity? I'm sorry, but I don't see "Moderator, or Administrator" next to your name?? Not trying to p*ss on your parade amigo, and I too respect opinions, all opinions.

Whoa...i didnt mean to start a fight...easy fellas.

Im not partial either way.

NC, I forgot to add you to my list there in parenthesis (as you are indeed a good friend, good enough i feel i can say this)...however, Neither you nor I have the word Moderator or administrator under our names yet either...do we really have room to talk?

Granted i can see where you are coming from...but...maybe im off my hinges...

Yeah, that's true....too much caffiene today. All it is good, didn't mean to bark Hammo, sorry bubba. The thing about the written word, is that the emotion behind it can be misunderstood at times. Army is my boy! Hooked me up on some great deals in the past! Who da' man? YOU DA' MAN!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yeah, that's true....too much caffiene today. All it is good, didn't mean to bark Hammo, sorry bubba. The thing about the written word, is that the emotion behind it can be misunderstood at times. Army is my boy! Hooked me up on some great deals in the past! Who da' man? YOU DA' MAN!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

LOL, thanks!

[shrek] im here till thrusday, try the veal! [/shrek]

No worries here. :)

Oh, and I forgot, I ran out of niccorette gum about 2 hours ago :angry: , so I'm just a bit on the touchy side of my temper at the moment. Good thing my day is winding down and I can go home, otherwise I might just grab my red stapler, those traveler checks, and burn this sucker down to the ground!

You guys are FUNNY!!! :D  :blink: And I Love you for it...Uh!! what were we talking about??

not sure...but RFeldes, ill be home for Xmas (dallas) blake was going to come out, you up for a drive?

its only 5 hours or so. I'll even buy your gas...

:D (j/k) lol

Would love to, but I am the chief cook for the crowd that's coming in. Maybe in the Spring!!!!We should all meet including NC211. Somewhere in the middle. Have a LOCfest!!!!

well, im not sure where i will be in the spring...hopefully not too far away ;) (Iraq is slated for july now)

Awesome ride, truly !  Great price too . If PM at a Lexus dealer is costly @  $95  /hr., I'm thinking you have money to burn for Belt changes etc. on the BenZ.

Not to talk down to the S55 or nothin', but this IS a LEXUS forum. I'm sure there's a MB one you can show off the new baby on :-)

Good Luck

Hammo400

I gotta agree with Army and everyone else. He's 100% welcome to talk about his new car here. Owning a Lexus isn't a prerequsite for membership here, if it were we'd have members prove their ownership before they could join (which they do on one site I can think of, at least for a portion of the site).

Should it have been posted in the General Discussion forum? Sure, but since he owned an LS and 99% participated in the LS forum its understandable that he would post it there. I'll move it now.

But, Razahyde and anyone else is welcome to stay and post whatever they want, whenever they want, regardless of whether they still own their Lexus or not.

If I can just address this.

WE LOVE PICS!!

we dont really impose a limit on the number of pics (although keeping them of a reasonable size is nice).

To be honest, inlining images from another domain costs us a few bytes in database storage and zero in bandwidth - no issues at all.

Personally - I love to see pictures of peoples' cars - and I enjoy sharing pictures of my own. I'm looking forward to pics of razahyde's new car.

So my son is turning 16 in dec and hes been bugging me about a new car we went and looked at some bmw's 3 and 5 series but i didnt like any and he ended up not liking any so on the way home we stopped at the mercedes dealer and i saw this gorgeous second hand S55 AMG 2003 black on beige and i had planned on getting a new car anyway price tag was 70k which was what KBB said so it was reasonable but with some negotiating i got him to lower it to 62k and we cemented the deal and we went to finish all the paperwork today so now i have a V8 5.5L Supercharged AMG benz with 493 horses and this doesnt even compare to my 96 lexus which i gave to my son this benz is on a level its own so was the price tag lol

-Heres some pics (i got these online for those wondering)

Front

front.jpg

Side

side.jpg

Rear

back.jpg

Interior

interior1.jpg

Christmas early

enteriorlights.jpg

493 horses

engine.jpg

The picture with your dash in the dark is hot. Looks like even the heat/vent openers are illuminated. That's hot.

Just my opinion, but WILL never own a german car, for one reason...

Look at all those damned BUTTONS!!!!!!! it would take me a year to memorize what they all do...reach over and think your turning on the wipers and your damned radio comes on! :blink:

Just my opinion, but WILL never own a german car, for one reason...

Look at all those damned BUTTONS!!!!!!!  it would take me a year to memorize what they all do...reach over and think your turning on the wipers and your damned radio comes on! :blink:

Even if you hit the right buttons, there's a good chance it doesn't work. :(