New Car

razahyde

So my son is turning 16 in dec and hes been bugging me about a new car we went and looked at some bmw's 3 and 5 series but i didnt like any and he ended up not liking any so on the way home we stopped at the mercedes dealer and i saw this gorgeous second hand S55 AMG 2003 black on beige and i had planned on getting a new car anyway price tag was 70k which was what KBB said so it was reasonable but with some negotiating i got him to lower it to 62k and we cemented the deal and we went to finish all the paperwork today so now i have a V8 5.5L Supercharged AMG benz with 493 horses and this doesnt even compare to my 96 lexus which i gave to my son this benz is on a level its own so was the price tag lol

-Heres some pics (i got these online for those wondering)

Front

front.jpg

Side

side.jpg

Rear

back.jpg

Interior

interior1.jpg

Christmas early

enteriorlights.jpg

493 horses

engine.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a very nice car.

I hope you got an extended warr for it , as it is the first car that gave me the feeling of "in the pit of my gut" but it was also flawed in break downs.

I still would take an S55 over and E55 any day.

Another reason to say when will Lexus wake up and make some cars that are "tuners"

it still has the original warranty on it turns out the guy before me had it on lease so i still have i think2 years or 100k miles but i used to be a mechanic myself so im not that worried i could take the engine apart and put it back if needed haha but this car is a beast 0-60 is around 4.8ish (or every site says so at least) but when u floor this car u cant evne movebut i usual drive at a consistant speed but u cant evne tell how fast ur going in this i hit 100 on a 25 mph street lol

-and ur right SK lexus needs to make some tuners which is another reason why i got the S55 instead of the new LS i mean im not talking down on the LS at all its a awesome car but its not sporty enough for me i guess we'll wait and see

Looks amazing, sound amazing on paper too...

Reading some of the buyer reviews on msn scares me tho...seems like it definitely isnt lexus reliability. There's actually people who traded it back in early and got a 430.

Keep us updated on ow she treats you. She is one sexy beast though...gotta give you that! Looks like one of those women who you look at but don't touch cause you know she'll break you... :P

The idea of a stock tuned Ls just makes my mind reel. Lexus should really try that out. Everyone knows that the uz can crank out 500hp if asked to. They should go for it.

Go and get it as part of the deal for the warr.

I would not even take that engine apart and i am a tech as well as i worked for MB until recently.

Put it this way the mantra for that car is one man one engine .So one guy builds the whole thing by hand, if you have problems it is removed and shipped back to Germany they don't work on the major stuff.

I remember in the Summer there was a brand new 1400km 2005 S55 black on black with cardboard under it and the front air 1 foot off the ground. I asked the techs and they said it is waiting for the motor to come back ,i asked why and they said it had an internal problem and they had to send it back to Germany "Head office rules" for AMG.

I know you will love the car as i sure have driving them. But you don;t want any repair costs for it in any way.

I only wish i was still with MB so i could play around with the TT V12 65 series engines with 800 hp and torque ,now that is power.

I would also search quietly and find out how to put the car into " dyno" mode for a few minutes as the experience will really make you love the car more even if it costs you a pair of tires.

It is all out test mode.

No traction

No ABS

No vehicle stability

No ABC

No limiters

Just all out raw power with instant throttle.

There is also a air ride controller which can get the car to lower and raise as needed just like the LS.

enjoy

Just remembered i had a pic of me in one of the first E55 a while back.

Picture_006.jpg

That is verily, MB has been having some reliability problems.

Everyone from Consumer Reports to car salesmen and even various MB owners told me the same, they been having a some electrical problems lately, but that they corrected them in the MB 04-05 models. (That remains to be seen.) That is why I went and bought the Lexus, they have a reliability track record going on 15 years. Both MB in the PICS look great. I had the choice between my LS 98 and an E 320 98 for about the same price, I went for the Lex because I know I will not be expending too much on repairs. I keep the maintenance up to date.

Great Looking Cars, both.

C. PR

Wow!! If I could afford one new luxury car and I was rich : ) it would definetly be the S55. Hands down the FASTEST big car out there no quesiton about it. We are still considering getting rid of my BMW. It would nice to pick up one of those babies : ) Congrats again. Please post more pics as you get them. I gottta get out and look at one of these in person man!

thanks

thanx guys...anyone seen the new mercedes S65 i saw one in there show room boy was that thing a beauty....performance...wow....id kill to have one by my wife would kill me if i got it since there all 160k+ lol but in about 3-4 years theyll be down considerably which gets me thinking where lexus's 500+ hosepower car or just a V12 i think lexus is fallin behind since both benz and bmw have numerous V12' and 500 horses in there cars

AMG-built twin-turbocharged 5,980-cc SOHC 36-valve V-12

604 hp @ 4,800 - 5,100 rpm

acceleration . .

0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds.

top speed. .

155 mph (limited)

07.jpg

Not to be an !Removed! or anything, but I've notice the following.....

-Heres some pics

Front (This is not an AMG front).

front.jpg

Side (This is clearly an S600, not S55)

side.jpg

Rear (however this one is a AMG car, but with Mass plates).

back.jpg

Interior (this is a S55 again)

interior1.jpg

Christmas early (This isnt a AMG interior again)

enteriorlights.jpg

493 horses (this again is a pic of a real AMG engine.) engine.jpg

You're pics are not every consistant, for a number of reasons, and Any mercedes fan can see what im talking about. Any REAL pics?

You know what buddy...you're right!!!

The one interior pic with the steering and tv is an ebay pic (note the little camera icon in the bottom corner).

I smell conspiracy here... <_<

:lol::lol::lol: "If it looks like a duck" <_<

lol i told u guys up top that i found those pics online i never said they were my exact car im going to post some today or tomorrow because i dont have a digital camera and im waiting for the photos to develop i could always use the motorola razrs camera but its not that great

and sha yes ur right the first isnt a S55 because it doesnt have the V8 biturbo badge on the side but it was one of the few pics i found when i did a search and the only differene are the rims and the bumper maybe the hood the beige interior is real s55 the one with lights is not s55 because 03+ go up to 200 on the spedometer and the engine speaks for itself but like i said ill post some today or tomorrow

and sha yes ur right the first isnt a S55 because it doesnt have the V8 biturbo badge on the side

No, its because the pic you showed has a V12 badge there. Not to mention, there is no V8 biturbo badge on any Mercedes. But thats cool. Guess everyone is waiting on Penny pics now B)

In defense of razahyde I noticed in his "first" original post that he stated they were not pictures of the real car and he would post when he picked it up. Then he changed that :wacko: and now he has changed his original again. How do you change your original post? I'm confused, as we all are, but I am sure there is a logical explanation. Nice car !!!!

who cares if he has it or not? this is an ls forums.. which means the cars are up for comparison....

while i like the raw power of it.... (my z06 has 482rwhp and my camaro has put down 607rwhp) i find it that you can't have all your cars be race cars and mercedes has been known to have HUGE reliability problems.

Lexus will not make a tuner car if it costs down on reliability, name and what not. Mercedes may take the risk, but.... they are slowly loosing market because of it... Lexus has gained a lot of market.. A lot of that market has been LOST with the new ls430. Because like myself, many people around here DO NOT LIKE the looks...

Still..i would pick any ls over any mercedes. I tend to "marry" cars...

but its just my opinion.... Honestly. you want power and reliability get an american engine... which you can find parts almost on any drugstore, still have a big !Removed! engine, rumble and pure power.

A lot of that market has been LOST with the new ls430. Because like myself, many people around here DO NOT LIKE the looks...

Really? Then why does the LS430 sell 150% better than the previous generation?

Yea, I think he should speak for himself on that. The '04s were the most beautiful LS ever. While you cant get 100% to agree, 99% is enough.