18" Or 19" Pictures?

94BLKSC400

HI!

I'm new to the Lexus forum and would like to get some help...

I just put Nokia Hakka RSi 205/60/16 winter tires on my original rims to get through the winter.

I want to get some nice 18"-19" rims for next summer and lower the SC 400 about 1-2".

I tried to find some old topics on this one, but came pretty much empty handed.

Could you please post some 18" and 19" wheel pictures here and help my decision?

Any advice how to lower the car? Cut the springs or get new springs? Where to buy and how much? My -94 is a daily driver.

Thanks in advance, Lauri

Recommended way to lower your car:

Option:

1) Get coilovers

2) Get lowering springs

TEIN Basics are VERY VERY well priced. For a little over $600, you get a shock w/ a threaded body and a spring matched to the dampening characteristics of the shock. This is easily what you would pay if you went out and bought new shocks and new lowering springs.

No adjustment to dampening and rebound, BUT if you just want a very simple shock/spring combination w/ the benefits of height adjustment, this is a great buy. Especially if you do not adjust the dampening often.

Forgot to answer your other question.

For pictures of 18s or 19s, look at the Clublexus forum.

I have 18s on my car. I like the ride. At times, my 18s look small, given the large wheel wells of this car. At times, I wish I had 19s.

Given that, 19s require you to be VERY careful w/ potholes. Much more so than 18s.

Forgot to answer your other question. 

For pictures of 18s or 19s, look at the Clublexus forum. 

I have 18s on my car.  I like the ride.  At times, my 18s look small, given the large wheel wells of this car.  At times, I wish I had 19s. 

Given that, 19s require you to be VERY careful w/ potholes.  Much more so than 18s.

Thanks,

I like the idea of not cutting springs and getting Tein basics.

Sounds like a great price too compared to the headackes with alternatives!

What's your tire size and wheel offset?

I'll check the clubLexus forum...

Lauri

For tires size and wheel offsets....there is a great thread in the Clublexus SC subforum.

I'm running 18 x 9 all around. +45 offset from what I understand. With this combination, the fronts are fine, but the rears are way too sunken in. I wanted the ability to rotate tires, so this doesn't bother me too much...at least, not right now. I could run spacers in the rear if I felt like it.

PM me your email and I'll send you photos.

Dom