Voice Commands - Use"ful" Or Use"less"

rdalemercer

OK- this is really frustrating.

1. There is no comprehensive word list: what commands work?

2. Each spoken command results in something else happening.

So far it appears to be use"less"...

Hopefully one of you can change my mind, but so far I'm not impressed.

Please don't misunderstand me - I still love my GX, but it seems that a little more engineering needed to go into this option.

I'll vote for the use"less" option. I've had my 05 for a year now, and at this point the only time I would consider using the voice commands is I felt like my blood preasure were getting to low and I need something to *BLEEP* me off. What a waste of a button on the steering wheel.

BTW, I grew up in the midwest and thus have a midwest "accent". Since the midewest "accent" is the one that the networks like their news readers to adapt too, I consider it the most neutral accent in the US (as opposed to a Boston, Southern, New York, upper midwest, ...).

List of commands in the book? Really? Where?

I haven't seen a list anywhere and it is NOT in the table of contents.

Also - my accent is closer to a midwest accent also.

One "funny" thing that happened with the voice commands. After getting totally exasperated with it not recongnizing my voice I finally asked "What is the meaning of Love"...the response was "Home is not registered"

Oh well.

Thanks.

Found the list of voice commands.

Seems like they could have added it in the Nav book and included it in the table of contents? Maybe I'm asking too much from a $54,000 vehicle?

Where was the focus goup that was supposed to have been a part of the people to tell Lexus "I like this", "great", "good", "bad", "very bad", "don't do that" and finally "what were you thinking?"

Does anyone from Lexus visit this forum -- and more importantly -- read these comments?

Life continues.

no problem...so far, te only thing i really wish that was in the GX was sliding seats...so that when the trunk is empty (and no 3rd row seats) i can slide back the seats so there is pletiful legroom, but sometimes i forget, this isnt my minivan, its a luxury SUV. although high end luxory cars like s500 and 7 series do awsome legroom