Pictures Of My Blinkers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will go get an extra set of amber bulbs this sat and try this. It can't hurt.

there is another bulb by Rayburg, called the Stealth. same idea, and same outcome....not available in wedge 7440. :angry:

steviej

i didn't know the wedge bulb was so difficult to find... i just took my wedge bulb into autozone, and the guy who worked there was able to find me bulbs in like 5 seconds. but i guess since you're looking for a very specific look, it might be hard. i just wanted mine to blink bluish white, and the guy found me one that was a blue coated bulb but blinked clear, lucky me! :lol:

I just stopped into Autozone today, they dont even have the wedge bulb in amber! Only clear! The guy said he doesn't even stock them.

Also, chill, what type of bulb is in the front, is it the same? Theres a slash where the number should be in their application book, and on Sylvania online.

They do have the paint though. Now I just have to buy some bulbs. I'd hate like hell to have to buy them from Lexus.

I figured I would get them from Lexus, cause the amber is soooo bright. That way I can get the right ones for front (7440) and rear (7443), if that is the way I read Sylvanias website.

I should just go read the bulbs that are in there. ya think?

It can't be more than a fin per bulb.

I will post Sunday night with pics and results.

steviej

I just got off the phone with the parts dude at my dealership

The amber 7440 bulbs for the 02/03 ES are $10 EACH.

Give me a f@#k%n break. totally outrageous.

I'll try this mod with regular amber bulbs at Lappens or PepBoys.

steviej

holy crap, $97 to change wiper blades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

$10 for bulbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

this is seriously sounding ridiculous, who's the idiot that makes these prices? :chairshot: :chairshot: :

I thinkit is a smart fool who makes up those prices......and laughs all the way to the bank, cause some people pay them!!!!

I am going to Toyota Sat. am. The 02 Camry uses the same bulb.

steviej

oh yeah.......the 7440 bulb has one element. And it is the turn signal bulb on the 02/03 ES as you read SW03ES. 7443, have an additional element and one more contact. They are a two stage bulb (ie brake light/tail light all in one bulb)

Yeah, I can honestly tell you too, 90% of Lexus owners don't care about the prices. In fact, they expect to pay them, and are dissapointed when they're less than expected. Keep in mind, the $97 was with labor included, the $10 per bulb was not. I bet Lexus would have charged him $50 to replace one turn signal bulb. Maybe more for the front. Robbery.

Stevie, so its 7440 for the fronts and the rears? I sure as hell couldnt find it in amber, only clear.

here is the final !Removed!.

All the same bulb.

Lexus of Norwood, MA $10.00 per bulb

McGee Toyota $5.17 per bulb

Weymouth Toyota $6.24 per bulb

I guess there is no such thing as standard parts pricing.

I got eight and Rustolleum Mettallic Paint (chrome).

I will post pics by Sunday.....I need to get some in the dark too.

steveij

my final thoughts (I sound like Jerry Springer)

you cannot put alot of paint on the bulb or they will not flash bright like uncoated bulbs (but we knew that)

the bulbs are most definately visable at night.....

.....the are not so visable in the brightest of sunlight like today.

I will show them at a Lexus meet next Sat and see what the general consensus is.

I'm 50/50 right now on them. But that is how I am on changing things.

steviej

So what you're saying is there's enough decrease in lighting that they cannot be seen safely during the day? Yikes, dont know about that...

They look good though, real good. Maybe a thinner type paint would wortk better? The Rustoleum is pretty thick stuff...