Ls430 Sold

my ls430

well the driveway is now open, taking a trip to the audi dealer tomorrow afternoon, might walk out with an a6 or an a8. idk yet. its been a fun ride, even though i didn't visit very often, all my questions were answered, the reason i am droping the ls is because its just plain boring, has no caracter. the audi or the bmw are just a luxurious and more refined driving experiance, i will say that my dealer was THE best dealer i have ever gone to (jm lexus) the best 10-10. man am i going to miss that

Well, Lexus isn't for everyone. I absolutely love the way BMW's and Audi's handle. But after the prior 20 years of European (mostly Mercedes) car ownership, the last 15 years with Lexus LS cars has been a huge relief. Keeping my cars operational is no longer a central part of my life.

Boca is a great place. Gene Lynn played an important role in my life.

Nothing Like "Boca", lived there and nothing like peer pressure. High rent district and as false as an eyebrow. An A6 would be stepping down, so shell out for the A8 and impress them, but you know, a Mercedes 500 is your only salvation and a 600 or AMG is the cat's A$$. Good luck to you, and I hope you keep up with the "Boca" crowd as they are tough to impress. "Boring" is sitting in a service area at the dealership. You might want to check out Germany's unemployment, reliability, political inviroment, and future's forecast with your broker or financial advisor before you leap. Remember, a sound future is based on sound decisions. GM, Mercedes, Audi/VW, and BMW are in the red and they only survive on service and cutbacks. I believe some, if not all, will come back in the future, especially BMW. Just hope I helped and not being malicious, but I lived in Boca and know the inviroment. I believe you will "miss" the character, refinement and boring Lexus. Anyways, good luck to you and we will miss you, for a while..

English sports car enthusiasts call the Mazda Miata boring. That's their way of saying they admire the reliability that English cars only dream of.

Jaguar drivers say that Japanese cars have no character. That's their way of saying they admire the reliability that English cars only dream of.

German car drivers variously call Japanese cars cheap, imitators, boring, and characterless. That's their way of saying "My German car is in the shop getting new unobtainium alloy grapple grommets".

If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone blather about characterless and boring Lexus I would have enough money to own, repair, and accept the depreciation of a German car. Even then I wouldn't.

Buy an A8 and you will soon be back. Audi's are the single fastest depreciating car on the planet. Except perhaps for a nice Pontiac Aztec.

Every car has its points and it is true Toyota designs boring cars. There is no life or character to them except for the styling of the IS taillights and the GS handling .Just because the LS drive smooth is not a great feat but that is not what Toyota is aiming for.

It has been said before

Toyota/Lexus for reliability

BMW for driving

MB for exterior styling

Audi for modern beautiful interiors

Jag for classic beautiful interiors

Some cars have some of the other but none excel in all areas perfectly.

Toyota leads the pack in the easiest to adapt the other feature but continues with bland as a bench mark.

We all know i Love Lexus but no one buys it because they love to drive unless they modify it heavily.

When they finally wake up and make a tuner house like AMG and //M then they will have something. Until then we will make do with great reliable cars altough the new IS and GS do look very nice they still need some edge which is definatly lacking.

I agree that the Lexus might not have as much character or soul as some of the other Euro cars out there... but at this point in my life I just want to be able to drive back and forth to work without worrying about it having problems.

I'm sure everyone saw the list published about the best and worst reliability. The LS was on the best list (again) and over on the worst side was the Mercedes S-class, E-class, C-class and BMW 5 & 7 series as well as two different Jags.

The S-class is a sharp car, but too much Chrysler DNA has leaked into it :P

Nothing Like "Boca", lived there and nothing like peer pressure. High rent district and as false as an eyebrow. An A6 would be stepping down, so shell out for the A8 and impress them, but you know,  a Mercedes 500 is your only salvation and a 600 or AMG is the cat's A$$. Good luck to you, and I hope you keep up with the "Boca" crowd as they are tough to impress. "Boring" is sitting in a service area at the dealership.  You might want to check out Germany's unemployment, reliability, political inviroment, and future's forecast with your broker or financial advisor before you leap. Remember, a sound future is based on sound decisions. GM, Mercedes, Audi/VW, and BMW are in the red and they only survive on service and cutbacks. I believe some, if not all, will come back in the future, especially BMW. Just hope I helped and not being malicious, but I lived in Boca and know the inviroment. I believe you will "miss" the character, refinement and boring Lexus. Anyways, good luck to you and we will miss you, for a while..

I just would like to note that BMW is by NO WAY in the red. Im not sure where you got this information. Matter fact, the only two consistant profitable companies over the past 25 years are Toyota and BMW. BMW is def not in the red, or even Yellow.

I agree about BMW not being in the red. If they were I think we be reading about interior craftmanship slipping. Case in point: Nissan, they were in the red, and it's obvious they skimped on the interior quality a bit, especially on the new maxima. Reviews all cite the same thing "interior parts feel cheap, plastic is cheap and interior is sparse."

Anywho, My LS430, I hope you find the right car for you! I can't honestly say that an LS400 isn't somewhat boring at times. But it's all in the eye of the beholder. If the LS doesn't scratch your itch anymore, that's quite alright and understandable. Not to sound negative, but sometimes the best way to really appreciate the car is to take the leap to a different car in general. I find myself at times feeling like "man, that Q45 sure dues look sharp" or "I really miss that sports car feel of my old Maxima SE" after all I've been driving is my LS. But for me, that itch gets scratched every single time after I drive one of those cars for a bit, and then get back into my 10 year old LS. I always feel like "hello baby, sure did miss you, let's cruise!" If the LS was for everyone, well, then there would be no BMW, Audi, MB or anything else for that matter out there. I wish you luck, hope you don't stop posting up here and please let us know what you buy and how you like it.:cheers:

follow up

so i ended up picking up a 06' a6 3.2 quattro. man is it amazing. definatly has more character than the lex. not as big, although the trunk is twice the size AND i can put the seats down. silver on black. the only options i got were the premium wheels, navigation, stereo, shades, and quattro sytems. loving the car. i only have one pic right now, pic from the dealer a few days ago, but i'll have full out photoshoot in a few days.

i went and drove the 330 ci convertable (e46), also the new 330. and the 530i, all very fast fun cars, i just wanted something bigger, and for the price i got the audi at, nothing could beat it. or even come close in price.

i just didn't feel the need to get the A8, although it is a beast and Very refined. the A6 was just a smoking deal i couldn't pass up.

If everyone liked the same thing out of a car, the automotive industry sure would be boring wouldn't it?

If I were going to buy something along those price lines, that wasn't a Lexus, it would be an Infiniti M45. Sporty character lacking in the Lexus with good reliability. If not the Infiniti, then it would be between a 530 BMW and a E320 Benz, I'd probably get the 530 even though the interior is fairly cheap looking/feeling nowadays. I might look at a Cadillac STS too. Mercedes has an aura about it that irritates me, don't know why.

I've had enough bad experiences with Volkswagen to insure I shall never again, ever, own another Volkswagen product. I admire VW and Audi's styling and the solidity of their vehicles, but the cars are a total nightmare to maintain and cost easily 50% more to do routine maintenance on than a Lexus (even a VW), and thats considering they don't need out of warranty repairs. VW/Audi have the most expensive diagnostic equipment in the industry, and its next to impossible to find anywhere but the dealer to service the car. On top of that they have a crazy way of keeping dealer records basically making it so you can only use the selling dealership to service the car, changing is as complicated as trying to find a new cardiologist, or moreso. Its insane.

Nice car, but not worth the totaly ridiculous hoops you have to jump through for service.