Main Seal Possibly Leaking

vwdee

A few months ago, I had the crank shaft pulley and belt replaced. Now there is a leak that seems to be in the front of my engine and my power steering is non existent until I warm the car up and/or move the steering wheel back and forth for a few minutes. The mechanic that did the work said that they are not realated....I am not too sure!

I was curious to know if anyone knew if the leak might be a main seal leak or a power steering leak of some sort. Also, what should I look for and how can I fix the leak?

I am going to put the car on a lift and check it from underneath. I will post the outcome.

The crank shaft pulley actually broke, so I had it and the serpentine belt replaced but I didnt replace the timing belt.

I put the car on the lift and found out that a hose on my rack and pinion was crimped. I also noticed that the oild in the drip pan/skid plate (wahtever you call it) was of a reddish tint, so I am assuming that it is from backflow from the power steering pump.

Does anyone know where I can find the part number to the hoses for the rack and pinion. I did a few searches and came up empty.

I had an oil leak last year and we determined that I had a rear main seal leak. I had a local shop replace it for $300.00. It then continued to leak for a couple weeks, so I thought this did not fix it.

It is fixed, the leak was oil that was still on the chassis. It got less and less until it stopped.

I have a little weeping from the front main seal. I'm due a timing belt change next years, so I'll have the front seal replaced then.

I just turned over 200,000 miles on my 93 SC400.

Great Car!