Gas Tank Capacity

Hey,

Does anyone know how many gallons we have left in the GS when the needle is on empty. I called Lexus and they said we have about 1 gallon left but that can't be right as when I fill up with the needle on 'E' I only put in about 16 gallons. The tank capacity is supposed to be 19.8.

Hey,

Does anyone know how many gallons we have left in the GS when the needle is on empty. I called Lexus and they said we have about 1 gallon left but that can't be right as when I fill up with the needle on 'E' I only put in about 16 gallons. The tank capacity is supposed to be 19.8.

Anywhere between 1.5 - 2 U.S. gallons when the 'fuel' light first comes on from my experence. How 'FULL' do you fill your car? ;) I can get about 2 1/2+ gallons more after the 'trigger' stops on my ES........right up to the top of the fuel 'neck' which isn't good really to fill it that much. B)

:cheers:

Hey,

Anywhere between 1.5 - 2 U.S. gallons when the 'fuel' light first comes on from my experence. How 'FULL' do you fill your car? ;) I can get about 2 1/2+ gallons more after the 'trigger' stops on my ES........right up to the top of the fuel 'neck' which isn't good really to fill it that much. B)

I stop fueling once the gas pump clicks off. After which, it clicks off right away again if I try to fill it up some more; but 2.5 gallons more is a lot.

Hey,

Also, the needle does not touch the letter "E" yet when the light comes on. There's still a wedge to go before it hits it. I wonder how accurate that needle is in our GS's?

It cant be that accurate.Ive driven my gs4 close to 70 miles from when the light came on.On the highway of course.

When the light goes on there is close to 4 gallons left in my many experiences with this. I often drive straight through from full to the light warning and fill up takes close to 16 gal on a 19.8 gal. tank.

Hey,

I stop fueling once the gas pump clicks off. After which, it clicks off right away again if I try to fill it up some more; but 2.5 gallons more is a lot.

2.5 U.S. gallons (9.45 litres) give or take isn't that much really........I can put at least 8 litres in after the first click going 'slow' on the nozzel. Every model is different due to different tank sizes. B)

• 13 years later...

The other day I was late to an event but my gas lamp had been on for 38mi. While driving I found this discussion and after reading that my tank has a 19.8gal capacity, I decided to take my chances. I made it to the event then to the gas station, 45 miles since the gas lamp had come on. I filled up the tank and when the first click at the pump went, it said 17.8gal. I tried to put more gas in but that was the max. So I guess I had 2 more gallons in the tank.