Street Keys Vs. Dealership

Has anyone got a key from Street Keys before? The price for a spare valet key with Lexus emblem is $50 uncut and un-activated, or $152 to have it delivered cut and activated. Or I can get a Valet key from Lexus, cut and activated for $85. What does it take to activate the key? You dont have to be a rocket scientist to do the math here. Save $67 bucks and go trough the dealership. :cheers:

It's like grandma said "it's not what you know, but who you know." :D

It's nice having connections to a Lexus Dealership. :P

I just spoke with a parts guy(at a Lexus dealer) yesterday and he said there's a chip inside the key that has to be programmed to the car. Cutting a blank won't start the car.

Don't know if he was blowing smoke but from the sounds of it, we're stuck using the Lexus dealer for new keys.

I just spoke with a parts guy(at a Lexus dealer) yesterday and he said there's a chip inside the key that has to be programmed to the car.  Cutting a blank won't start the car. 

Don't know if he was blowing smoke but from the sounds of it, we're stuck using the Lexus dealer for new keys.

Here is how it works. You order the key from www.StrretKeys.com with the vin # of the Lexus, then they will send you a blank key. You take that key to a Key Master and they will cut the key. Then there is a process that will program the key. You have to have the master key to program the valet key.

Here is how it works.  You order the key from www.StrretKeys.com  with the vin # of the Lexus, then they will send you a blank key.  You take that key to a Key Master and they will cut the key.  Then there is a process that will program the key.  You have to have the master key to program the valet key.

The problem with this is finding a locksmith to cut such a key. The machine required is too expensive for most locksmiths to have. Very few Lexus dealerships even have one. Most dealerships order keys cut from the warehouse.

On the programming note. Yes there is a chip in the key and it must be programmed to start the cars. Properly cut, unprogrammed keys can open locks only.

I was surprised to find out in ken. Wi. I can get my key cut for $35.00. I just hope that all these people saying the key can be programed are telling the truth. Cuz I am waiting for a programable uncut key from ebay but feel I was part of a scam,but anyway My town is pretty small and we have a place to lazer cut the keys so more people are seeming to get the machines. So you get the key cut then hope it can be programed going through the funky steps is that how this will work???? or not??? lol :cheers:

As for your question ZINFANDEL22n I don’t have the answer. I know that I am getting a genuine Lexus valet key from Lexus. This is all I need because I am installing a Viper Remote Starter and Alarm, so my master key will be under the dash with a transponder to trick the car into thinking that the valet key is a master key. Where are you at Zin? City and State? I know a lock smith who has the right machine to cut the key.

I am in kenosha wi. about 1 hour from chicago and 45 min from milwaukee. I have found someone right here in town to cut the key for $35.00 but was still wondering if the key then could be programed after the dance you have to do? I have original key but remote button on the side of black does not work so I am trying to get another key that works the locks. lexus charges a ton !!!

• 1 year later...

I recently bought a master key from street keys for roughly 150 and i think it was worth it. they mailed me the uncut key; I met their authorized locksmith to have it cut ( cost included); then i programmed it with the instructions that they provided. Everything turned out well. The key works great. I think the dealer wanted like 280 for a key so.... i saved a few bucks

You should have no problems using Street Keys, I bought a '02 GS300 with no keys and recieved a reflashed ecu, two keys, and programming instructions from them and it's all good. Local Locksmith they recommended cut the keys, and I'm good. They even called me to make sure I had the instructions and everything worked out...I was pleased with the service....D