Blacked Out Lcd Climate Control Display....

JtathBSC400

I have searched and searched this problem and have yet to find a solution to it. The lower half of my climate control display is black from the LCD bleed. I know that this is a common problem so why is it so hard to find the solution to fix it. The dealer wants 900.00 to sell me a replacement control unit. Is it possible to just buy the display, all the functions work fine? Who can sell me this part or just fix my broken one. I needs some help here please give as much information as possible, this is not just for me, there are a lot of others out there wanting the same questions answered, so lets solve this problem.

I have searched and searched this problem and have yet to find a solution to it.  The lower half of my climate control display is black from the LCD bleed.  I know that this is a common problem so why is it so hard to find the solution to fix it.  The dealer wants 900.00 to sell me a replacement control unit.  Is it possible to just buy the display, all the functions work fine?  Who can sell me this part or just fix my broken one.  I needs some help here please give as much information as possible, this is not just for me, there are a lot of others out there wanting the same questions answered, so lets solve this problem.

If your lcd screen is starting to bleed and turn black, the screen will need to be replaced. One of the best places to get a new one is through www.luxurymods.com they sell one for less than the dealer. Its a brand new oem screen, the front display assembly snaps onto the front of the "brain" assembly. Very easy to replace. I decided to get a new screen so I wouldn't have to worry about anything going wrong with it for the next few years. If you buy a used screen it may work for a while but you'll never know when the lcd screen will start to bleed on the used replacement. And not to mention the backlighting will burn out sooner than with a new one. I believe the bulbs for the back lighting are soldered in to the unit. They can be replaced however. If you buy a new one from luxurymods.com it may save you more money and trouble in the long run. You will probably pay $150-200 for a good used screen, I think the new ones run for around $480 so they aren't exactly cheap.

Thats a lot of money for a display, there has to be some one out there that know some one who can sell just the display???????  Will other units from other years work, can you swap one year to a different year as long as the buttons are all the same?

I think they are all the same from 92-98 at least, the only difference is in the illumination. Before 95 it was the blue-green, then 95+ they changed it to an orange color. Not for sure on the years, but I know they changed colors. Shouldn't be any other differences. There are some usually always on ebay (used).

The only replacement LCD is for the LS400. The last I checked, no one has done a replacement for the SC400. I purchased a used Climate Control Unit on ebay and then changed the LCD out. There were many more LS400's sold than SC400's. I knoe Intellexual did not sell screens for the SC, only the LS.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

The only replacement LCD is for the LS400. The last I checked, no one has done a replacement for the SC400. I purchased a used Climate Control Unit on ebay and then changed the LCD out. There were many more LS400's sold than SC400's. I knoe Intellexual did not sell screens for the SC, only the LS.

Good Luck!

I just purchased a used climate control unit for my 92 SC400 and am looking for installation instructions.

Had a sight bookmarked with great instructions but cannot find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Would rather not butcher my interior.

Phil

Good Luck!

I just purchased a used climate control unit for my 92 SC400 and am looking for installation instructions.

Had a sight bookmarked with great instructions but cannot find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Would rather not butcher my interior.

Phil

maybe a great group buy item....