02 Sc430 Meet Expectations?

kayka

i bought an 02 sc430 about 2 months ago and the more i drive it the more i wonder did i do the right thing. after driving a LS430,,, nothing really compares. does anyone else out there have an 02 or later sc430 that actuallly loves this car. it looks great but it has so many rattles and is the ruffest riding car even without the runflats that i have ever had.

i bought an 02 sc430 about 2 months ago and the more i drive it the more i wonder did i do the right thing.  after driving a LS430,,, nothing really compares.  does anyone else out there have an 02 or later sc430 that actuallly loves this car.  it looks great but it has so many rattles and is the ruffest riding car even without the runflats that i have ever had.

Didn't you test drive the SC And LS? Then make a decision, Or did you just settle on the SC and test drive the LS later?

i bought an 02 sc430 about 2 months ago and the more i drive it the more i wonder did i do the right thing.  after driving a LS430,,, nothing really compares.  does anyone else out there have an 02 or later sc430 that actuallly loves this car.  it looks great but it has so many rattles and is the ruffest riding car even without the runflats that i have ever had.

Didn't you test drive the SC And LS? Then make a decision, Or did you just settle on the SC and test drive the LS later?

i owned a LS 430 2 years ago and sold it like a dummy. then bought a corvette conv. then caddy cts, then lexus es300 then caddy deville and now this sc430. i've traded cars about 10 times in 3 years like an idiot.

i owned a LS 430 2 years ago and sold it like a dummy. then bought a corvette conv. then caddy cts, then lexus es300 then caddy deville and now this sc430. i've traded cars about 10 times in 3 years like an idiot.

You should have kept the LS430 then, Then satisfy your sports car wants with a new vette or maybe a Acura NSX or?

• 8 months later...

I bought a 2002 SC430 a few weeks ago and have really been pleased with it. This is my first "Luxury Car" so I have nothing to compare it with as you do. But compared to the other cars I have owned (which have all been American brands) the SC 430 is great.

I having a POS 97-Tahoe, a 1990 Ford Tempo, and now owning a 96 Buick as my daily driver...the Lexus SC430 is wonderful and I love it.

If the LS series is even better, I'll get that one as my next car!

i bought an 02 sc430 about 2 months ago and the more i drive it the more i wonder did i do the right thing. after driving a LS430,,, nothing really compares.

Hate to point out the obvious, but you're comparing apples and oranges here. Better yet, apples and fence-posts. I've driven niether the SC430 or the LS430, but these cars are at total opposite ends of the performance/handling spectrum. I'm with dcfish - snatch-up an NSX to tame that need for speed, and get another LS430 for luxury.

BTW, has anybody out there test driven a Cadillac XLR yet? I'd really be interested in knowing how that baby handles. If there's ever been a domestic model I'd seriously consider getting it'd be that (in addition to a vette).