Yellow In 92-93 Fog Lamps

Has anyone tried and had any luck clearing the yellow from the lens? It seems much too bright, and a few friends have told me it's blindingly bright when I'm behind them. I know the aim is ok, I checked that out, it just seems too yellow. I was thinking it would look better all white light coming from the front.

So, any pointers? Can they be cleared? Is it just a coating on the lens or are the bulbs yellow?

one guy said he removed the amber lens in it

but i would say your beams are pointed still too high

if driver can see them as they are projectors ad direct the beam low and wide

rather than a normal scatter of light which can be picked up easily by other drivers

I'll check them out again. While you're here answering questions, what is the offset for rims? As in, what does that number mean? I see all these different offset numbers, what what does that measurement actually mean?

offset is the difference in mm

from the hub, where the rim meets the cars wheel hub or brake rotor

to the center of the rim

almost all rims are a negative offset

so a normal es 300 offset of 43mm would mean there is adifference of 43 mm from the center of the rim to where its bolts meet the inside of the rim

this part i found on the web to answer it more simpler than my terms

it is located at

http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/brochure/i...heelOffsets.jsp

they also have pictures to make it simpler

The offset of a wheel is what locates the tire and wheel assembly in relation to the suspension. More specifically, it is the measured distance between the hub mounting surface and the center line of the rim. Below is an explanation of the various types of offsets which are pictured in the above graphic.

Positive Offset

A positive offset occurs when the hub mounting surface is on the street side (the side you see) of the center line of the rim. Most factory rims will have this type of offset.

Zero Offset

When the hub mounting surface is centered within the rim, it is known as a zero offset.

Negative Offset

If the hub mounting surface is on the brake side of the center line of the rim, it is considered a negative offset or "deep dish

thanks for the help. I did a search on google but all i came up with was a bunch of places to buy rims.

i really like the is rims but i heard they have a different offset? does that make them incompatable?

yup the yelow is supposed to helpsince it is less reflective

but it and about 99.9% of other foglights are just !Removed!

they look good on a car but they do nothing for fog

even my $600 dollar ones are not much better i used it one night we had pea soup fog and nothing

it was just as bad

ok a little better than the stock ones were