Steering Wheel Vibration

Can anyone help me with the problem with my 98 Lexus GS400. I get a vibration on the steering wheel on and off at different speeds. I have gotten the wheels balanced, aligned, and also have bought new rims and done the balancing and alignment, but the vibration is still there. I have taken it to the dealer but haven't gotten anywhere. They tell me to balance and do the alignment which I have already done. It usually happens at around 60 mph and higher. Any kind of help would be great.

i had the same exact issue happend to me when i went from my stock rims to my 19", i went back no lie 6 times to get my wheels balance eventually the problem got better, remember the lexus is a very picky car what i was told time and time again is to let the tires mold to the road it will go away but it will never ride the same as with the stock wheels, also make sure your getting a high speed balancing done on ur tires

Can anyone help me with the problem with my 98 Lexus GS400.  I get a vibration on the steering wheel on and off at different speeds.  I have gotten the wheels balanced, aligned, and also have bought new rims and done the balancing and alignment, but the vibration is still there.  I have taken it to the dealer but haven't gotten anywhere.  They tell me to balance and do the alignment which I have already done.  It usually happens at around 60 mph and higher.  Any kind of help would be great.

Well, check your front end suspention for any loozzz parts like ball joints, bushings, i just went thru the same crap, spent 1K (just parts). Suspention have been improved and vibration is gone (almost) need wheel balancing now. If you have any questions EM- good luck

I have the same problem with my 2000. I went from stock wheels and OEM tires to 19 inch Volk Racing wheels and 30/35 series Yokohama tires. The steering wheel vibrates bad starting at 60 mph up to 68 - 70mph, and then it goes away, but not totally. Same thing with braking, vibration. I have done some research on this and talk to several different people who all say that if you change OEM wheels and tires on a Lexus it will vibrate no matter what you do. I have center rings on all of my wheels and they have been balanced several times and even balanced up to 70 MPH. Most tire shops will only balance up to 35-40 mph if even that fast. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem with my 2000.  I went from stock wheels and OEM tires to 19 inch Volk Racing wheels and 30/35 series Yokohama tires.  The steering wheel vibrates bad starting at 60 mph up to 68 - 70mph, and then it goes away, but not totally.  Same thing with braking, vibration.  I have done some research on this and talk to several different people who all say that if you change OEM wheels and tires on a Lexus it will vibrate no matter what you do.  I have center rings on all of my wheels and they have been balanced several times and even balanced up to 70 MPH.  Most tire shops will only balance up to 35-40 mph if even that fast.  Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I do have 19'' wheels not even as good as volks and i just started my journey with them. I know it's pain in a** to get them balanced really well.

My tip for you:

If your brakes and wheels have been checked for any possible defects, in my opinion there is only one problem you have to fix: UPPER AND LOWER BALL JOINTS AND BUSHINGS, IF ALL OF THEM OR JUST SOME PARTS ARE LOOSE, DAMAGED ROAD WILL CAUSE LOOSE PARTS TO VIBRATE(MOVE) AND YOUR STEARING WHEEL TOO.

This is how i have fixed steering wheel vibration on my '00 GS400.

It doesn't cost alot of money to have it checked- if that wont work i think it is wheel or tire issue

My $0.02

I have the same problem with my 2000.  I went from stock wheels and OEM tires to 19 inch Volk Racing wheels and 30/35 series Yokohama tires.  The steering wheel vibrates bad starting at 60 mph up to 68 - 70mph, and then it goes away, but not totally.  Same thing with braking, vibration.  I have done some research on this and talk to several different people who all say that if you change OEM wheels and tires on a Lexus it will vibrate no matter what you do.  I have center rings on all of my wheels and they have been balanced several times and even balanced up to 70 MPH.  Most tire shops will only balance up to 35-40 mph if even that fast.  Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I do have 19'' wheels not even as good as volks and i just started my journey with them. I know it's pain in a** to get them balanced really well.

My tip for you:

If your brakes and wheels have been checked for any possible defects, in my opinion there is only one problem you have to fix: UPPER AND LOWER BALL JOINTS AND BUSHINGS, IF ALL OF THEM OR JUST SOME PARTS ARE LOOSE, DAMAGED ROAD WILL CAUSE LOOSE PARTS TO VIBRATE(MOVE) AND YOUR STEARING WHEEL TOO.

It doesn't cost alot of money to have it checked- if that wont work i think it is wheel or tire issue

My $0.02

Thanks Master I will have my mechanic check all of them tomarrow. I hope and pray that is the problem.

My tip for you:

My $0.02

Thanks Master I will have my mechanic check all of them tomarrow. I hope and pray that is the problem.

Yeah, no problem man, The only problem is that some parts are pricey, i've spent lil over 1K to fix my suspention and i got my car 2-3 months ago with 70K on it, WELL- I LOVE MY CAR ANYWAY

My tip for you:

My $0.02

Yeah, no problem man, The only problem is that some parts are pricey, i've spent lil over 1K to fix my suspention and i got my car 2-3 months ago with 70K on it, WELL- I LOVE MY CAR ANYWAY

Let us see the beauty, show her off. Where are the pictures?

My tip for you:

My $0.02

Let us see the beauty, show her off. Where are the pictures?

I have done pretty bad job with pic's, i'm not comp geek just go back to page#6, there is my post:Bad pic's, but nice car. I know it's a shame but i can't be the best in all i do. Most important is that i make my wife and car feel the BEST :rolleyes: , right?

I had the same problem with my steering wheel ONLY at 55mph, turns out my front two tires are "feathered" as in they have uneven wear, not sure how it happened but the tires came with the car and are brand new, so I am just dealing with it. Check for uneven wear in your tires.

The tires are wider than the recommended size.

• 2 weeks later...