Leather Repair

Orlousy

I have a few tears on the left side of the driver side seat (wear and tear from getting in and out of the car). Has anyone had repair done or replaced the leather for an entire seat. I have seen seat covers on Ebay and various patching kits, but I want it to look good.

Any suggestions?

It has actually worn out some of the foam underneath. At this point, for it to look good, replacement is my only choice. I had some ripps starting on the seat, so I just got leather glue to stop them going further, but it doesn't make the seat look better, just intact.

If I replace the leather, I would like it to match, I have seen several palce selling replacement leather. Whether I want to patch it, replace the whole seat, or front seats, or the entire car I am not sure...but the cost for installing it is what I am worried about more than the material cost, but of course I don't want to get raped there either.

Thanks for the info..just trying to weigh the cost/benefit of having it done.

IN my Sc i had rips and holes that went all the way through and i bought a kit and repaired them.Came out nice.For big holes and rips they provided me with a thing that looked like a screen that i glue underneath the rip,then and the compund over its it,sand it to smooth it out and then use the paint spray.