Dimmimg Of Dashboard Lights When Headlights On

Lexuses71

Today, for the 1st time, when I turned my headlights on this early AM, my dash lights did NOT dim a bit.

Is this normal or do I have some crossed wires?

Up until now, whenever I turn the switch on for headlights, the dash dims a bit. Even my ES300 does the same thing. I figured that's just the normal "electrical drain" on the battery. When I tun them off at my destination, the dash lights get noticably brighter.

So, why all of a sudden would they NOT dim? I even had the fogs on. Anybody else experience this? And is it a sign something is not quite right?

Today, for the 1st time, when I turned my headlights on this early AM, my dash lights did NOT dim a bit.

Is this normal or do I have some crossed wires?

Up until now, whenever I turn the switch on for headlights, the dash dims a bit. Even my ES300 does the same thing. I figured that's just the normal "electrical drain" on the battery. When I tun them off at my destination, the dash lights get noticably brighter.

So, why all of a sudden would they NOT dim? I even had the fogs on. Anybody else experience this? And is it a sign something is not quite right?

Ddi you have the brightness on max, when in this position normally the dash lights don't dim when the headlights are on.

Did you have the brightness on max, when in this position normally the dash lights don't dim when the headlights are on.

Ya know, I'd have to look at that. I did go to the car wash Saturday and you know how they wipe stuff down, messing with your volume control, etc. So, the guy could have moved the brightness setting to max by accident and I just didn't notice. Will check tomorow AM if it is on max setting, thanks, excellent point. Baby's chilling in the garage right now, so manana I'll sure find out.

Did you have the brightness on max, when in this position normally the dash lights don't dim when the headlights are on.

Ya know, I'd have to look at that. I did go to the car wash Saturday and you know how they wipe stuff down, messing with your volume control, etc. So, the guy could have moved the brightness setting to max by accident and I just didn't notice. Will check tomorow AM if it is on max setting, thanks, excellent point. Baby's chilling in the garage right now, so manana I'll sure find out.

Thats what it is.

Thats what it is.

YEP!

That was EXACTLY what happened, thanks fellas! All's well now.

• 10 months later...