Bluetooth And Verizon

jpeter2338

I have been saying this for some time now, phonebook transfer is disabled in Verizon Motorola phones. It is even stated on the Verizon website. I would love to see someone hack the software to enable the OBEX but I am not holding my breath for it. This is the reason I got a cheap Sony GSM phone from Ebay for phonebook transfer. My Verizon Motorola E815 works very well with the GX470 and no complaint except the phonebook thing.

John

Now I just have to wait for the RAZR phone to go down in price:)

Thanks

I have been saying this for some time now, phonebook transfer is disabled in Verizon Motorola phones.  It is even stated on the Verizon website.  I would love to see someone hack the software to enable the OBEX but I am not holding my breath for it.  This is the reason I got a cheap Sony GSM phone from Ebay for phonebook transfer.  My Verizon Motorola E815 works very well with the GX470 and no complaint except the phonebook thing.

John

I know, verizons a little behind, but I havent heard good things about cingular as far as service. I keep saying I will switch, but I dont want to go from a carrier where I have service almost ALL of the time to one where I cant get service at all.

Now I just have to wait for the RAZR phone to go down in price:)

Thanks

Wow, Verizon finally got the Razr V3? Cingular has had it for a year now.

And at least it can transfer one phone number at a time to my 06 GX.

All you need to transfer the phonebook to the car is a notebook computer. Here is the procedure:

http://www.moxproject.info/prius/Files/Upl...0to%20Prius.doc

You can synchronize the phone with your Outlook and then upload to the car with a $24 Bluetooth adapter. Get the Mobile Phone Tools frpm Verizon and synchronize your calendar too.

Edited by wnrussell

• 7 months later...