Bluetooth And Verizon

jpeter2338

Does anyone have a bluetooth phone through Verizon that is compatible with the GX470?? LetsTalk says there arent any but I thought maybe someone here has one:)

Thanks

I am using Verizon Motorola E815 with my GX470. Everything is compatible except you CAN'T do phonebook transfer. Verizon disabled the OBEX profile and thus not allow any data transfer. To overcome this problem I bought an cheap Sony T610 GSM phone and a T-Mobile sim-card off Ebay to do my phonebook download, and it works wonderfully. I have to use Verizon because it has the best coverage in my area. Personally I preferred the Sony and Nokia GSM phones but the coverage is quite poor in my area.

John

Thanks for the info on the verizon and bluetooth. SOrry to ask a silly question, but can you describe to me how getting the other phone and the sim card makes it compatible?

What is a sim card and is this whole process difficult and/ or costly? Would it be cheaper to cancel my verizon and just go with cingular?

THanks

One more question, if you get a bluetooth without the phone book capability can you download the #s one at a time to make it work or will not work either way?

Verizon bluetooth phone will not allow any phone number to be downloaded at all. The Cingular and T-Mobile bluetooth phones will allow phone numbers/book download. Both companies use the GSM phones and require the user to insert a small chip/sim-card into the phone from your provider for the phone to be functional. The sim-card can be bought with a regular monthly account or a prepaid card. I bought a "unlock"( which means I can use any provider) Sony T610 phone from Ebay for $65 and a T-Mobile prepaid sim-card for $15 on Ebay also. And by this method I download the phonebook which I input in the Sony phone. You don't need to use Verizon if other providers have adequate coverage in your area. I have to use Verizon because others have very poor coverage in the rural area.

John

SO, once you input the #s into the sony phone and download it into the car, can you make a call completely hands free from your verizon phone (the motorola E 815)??

AND with the sim card, do you only need to use it once or is it the link thats necessary to make your bluetooth phone compatible? Sorry for all of these possibly "dumb" questions:)

SO, once you input the #s into the sony phone and download it into the car, can you make a call completely hands free from your verizon phone (the motorola E 815)??

AND with the sim card, do you only need to use it once or is it the link thats necessary to make your bluetooth phone compatible? Sorry for all of these possibly "dumb" questions:)

Once I download the phonebook from the Sony phone, I choose my Moto E815 phone as default phone in the setting page and now I use my Moto handsfree. Remember when I download the phonebook I use the Sony phone as the default phone but switch to the Moto E815 once the phonebook is loaded. Once the car is in motion on the "1 touch dial" is available and not the phonebook. When the phonebook is downloaded you can choose up to 16 numbers for the "1 touch dial" function. I only wish the Lexus has the voice recognition dialing in my Mercedes. I guess you can't have it all.

Regarding the sim-card. Without it the phone is inoperable. In fact it wouldn't

even allow the phone to boot up. My advice is to get a cheap Sony GSM phone from Ebay and use it for download purpose.

John

Thanks for your patience John!! This is pretty much greek to me.

Once the phonebook is downloaded using your other phone and you change back to your motorola, can you still have up to 16 #s in the 1 touch dial? Isnt that the only way you can dial when the car is in motion??

We have Verizon right now and I could switch to Cingular and just pay the early cancellation fee. It seems A LOT easier:) But if I can figure this out I guess its worth it.

THanks again,

Jen

Once I download the phonebook from the Sony phone, I choose my Moto E815 phone as default phone in the setting page and now I use my Moto handsfree. Remember when I download the phonebook I use the Sony phone as the default phone but switch to the Moto E815 once the phonebook is loaded. Once the car is in motion on the "1 touch dial" is available and not the phonebook. When the phonebook is downloaded you can choose up to 16 numbers for the "1 touch dial" function. I only wish the Lexus has the voice recognition dialing in my Mercedes. I guess you can't have it all.

even allow the phone to boot up. My advice is to get a cheap Sony GSM phone from Ebay and use it for download purpose.

John

Thanks for your patience John!! This is pretty much greek to me.

Once the phonebook is downloaded using your other phone and you change back to your motorola, can you still have up to 16 #s in the 1 touch dial? Isnt that the only way you can dial when the car is in motion??

We have Verizon right now and I could switch to Cingular and just pay the early cancellation fee. It seems A LOT easier:) But if I can figure this out I guess its worth it.

THanks again,

Jen

John

Yes, you can only use the "1 touch dial" when the car is in motion. Also once the phonebook is downloaded into the NAV unit, you can use any phone to dial.

If Cingular or T-Mobile have good coverage then it is much easy to sign up with one of them and purchase their bluetooth phone. I don't have that choice and this is way I had to do it this way. Before you march into the store to purchase any phone, please go to www.lexus.com to find out which phone is 100% compatible. Good luck.

John

I also have Verizon wuith a Motorola E815. I really don't care if the car has my address book. I get in the car, the system recognizes my phone and I can make hands free calls. Why do you need the phone book in the car? I did install a phone "cup" (for power) and an extra antenna.

Do you just dial the # on the keypad on the car (Is there one??) and then just talk hands free?? Does the car have to be in park to dial a #?

Jen

I also have Verizon wuith a Motorola E815. I really don't care if the car has my address book. I get in the car, the system recognizes my phone and I can make hands free calls. Why do you need the phone book in the car? I did install a phone "cup" (for power) and an extra antenna.

Does anyone have a bluetooth phone through Verizon that is compatible with the GX470?? LetsTalk says there arent any but I thought maybe someone here has one:)

Thanks

The new Nokia 6256i for Verizon has the file transfer capabilities you need for phone book transfer. It is only available at electronics retailers like Best Buy and Radio Shack.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=515

Do you actually have this phone and has the phone book transferred to your Lexus??

Most bluetooth phones have the phone book transfer but that doesnt mean its compatible and will transfer to the gx470. If you do have this phone, I am curious how the phone book transfer works?

Thanks

The new Nokia 6256i for Verizon has the file transfer capabilities you need for phone book transfer. It is only available at electronics retailers like Best Buy and Radio Shack.

Do you actually have this phone and has the phone book transferred to your Lexus??

Most bluetooth phones have the phone book transfer but that doesnt mean its compatible and will transfer to the gx470. If you do have this phone, I am curious how the phone book transfer works?

Thanks

The new Nokia 6256i for Verizon has the file transfer capabilities you need for phone book transfer.  It is only available at electronics retailers like Best Buy and Radio Shack.

It was just released. Enter your ZIP code on the Radio Shack website to see if it is in your area yet. It is the only Verizon phone to have all of the Bluetooth profiles on it that are required for phonebook transfer. Also the phone forums are posting that file transfer actually works on this phone.

Here is the Verizon owners manual, which shows the Object Push and Generic Object Exchange profiles beginning on page 94:

http://nds2.nokia.com/files/support/nam/ph...6256i_US_en.PDF

Do you just dial the # on the keypad on the car (Is there one??) and then just talk hands free?? Does the car have to be in park to dial a #?

Jen

I either use the features like one touch dialing and voice command that are built into the phone. I can send and receive while driving...no problem.

I have succesfully linked the Verizon Balckberry 7250 with the GX 470 for audio and dialing but have experienced the same issue as everyone else on the phonebook side. I understand the cingular telephone work around but there should be a simpler solution. It seems that with the continued explosion of bluetooth enable phones and automomobiles that support them there should be a computer program out there that enables a transfer of data from a program such as Outlook to be transmitted via a bluetooth enabled computer to any number of automobiles that support various implimentations of OBEX. IS anyone aware of anything like this. If anyone from Lexus can provide additonal information on the specifics of the OBEX interface for the GX 470 it would be much appreciated.

The people at LetsTalk.com say that it not compatible. Who knows. I guess I will probably go with a verizon phone that someone actually has used with the GX. At least I know that will definitely work.

Any other input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The new Nokia 6256i for Verizon has the file transfer capabilities you need for phone book transfer.  It is only available at electronics retailers like Best Buy and Radio Shack.

It was just released. Enter your ZIP code on the Radio Shack website to see if it is in your area yet. It is the only Verizon phone to have all of the Bluetooth profiles on it that are required for phonebook transfer. Also the phone forums are posting that file transfer actually works on this phone.

Here is the Verizon owners manual, which shows the Object Push and Generic Object Exchange profiles beginning on page 94:

http://nds2.nokia.com/files/support/nam/ph...6256i_US_en.PDF

I wouldn't throw in the towel on the Nokia 6256i for Verizon just yet. LetsTalk.com only lists a few phones as compatible on their page because they have not all been tested.

For example, there are 9 Motorola phones that work on a Lexus - Motorola V330, V505, V551, V525, V600, V620, V635, V80 and V3. Only five are listed as compatible by LetsTalk.com though, which is not true. Also, Nokia doesn't cripple handsets, which is why Verizon won't sell them at their corporate stores.

http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

Realize that "compatible" with Lexus has two different meanings; either 'one-at-a-time' or entire phonebook. Most of the Sony models, but only a few of the others let you transfer the entire phonebook at once.

Finally, any reputable store will let you return the phone if it does not work to your satisfaction.

I am going to try the Nokia 6256i test as soon as the phone comes to my area, unless someone here tells me they have the phone and have tested it.

Try this procedure with the Nokia 6256i. One contact at a time.

First, pair the phone to car.

Then, select the contact you want to transfer.

Details

Options

Send busniess card

Via BT

All Details for those w/ more than 1 number

Select the car when it find the BT device

Accept on the car.

OR, for the more computer savvy, do it with a laptop computer:

http://www.moxproject.info/prius/Files/Upl...0to%20Prius.doc

I have a Treo 650 thru verizon, it is bluetooth compatible w/ my GX and I can transfer my phone book. The bluetooth guru @ my dealership explained to me that, he experienced more bluetooth compatibility problems with the '05 than the '06 that I have.

The Nokia 6256i is currently the only Verizon BT (non-PDA) phone that has phonebook transfer capability with the Toyota/Denso BT system. It transfers contacts but only one contact at a time (as do most other handsets in conjunction with the Denso BT kit).

The E815, from various reports, works fine but does not have PB transfer capability.

The a950 and a970, I'd steer clear of for the time being. Based upon a couple of accounts I've read, owners of these handsets are having some pairing issues and Samsung is purportedly working on a fix.

I have a Treo 650 thru verizon, it is bluetooth compatible w/ my GX and I can transfer my phone book. The bluetooth guru @ my dealership explained to me that, he experienced more bluetooth compatibility problems with the '05 than the '06 that I have.

I just bought a Gx470 '05 and the Verizon folks helped me Sync it with my Treo 650 also. However I cant figure out how to transfer my phonebook , any advice?

RB

I just bought a Gx470 '05 and the Verizon folks helped me Sync it with my Treo 650 also. However I cant figure out how to transfer my phonebook , any advice?

RB

I figured it out , as everyone says it 1 number at a time.

RB

The new Motorola V3c RAZR for Verizon appears to NOT have Object Push for phonebook transfer. It pairs fine with the car but will not transfer the phonebook.

Official Verizon V3c Release Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The info was officially released to employees late this afternoon (EST at least):

Release dates:

Online Promotion: December 7th

Official in-store release: December 12th

Pricing BEFORE $100 MAIL-IN REBATE:

2yr: $299.99

1yr: $349.99

Full Retail: $419.99

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=783755

• 2 weeks later...

So that means there is NO way to transfer the phone book,not even one # at a time? Any way around this???

The new Motorola V3c RAZR for Verizon appears to NOT have Object Push

for phonebook transfer.  It pairs fine with the car but will not transfer the phonebook.

Official Verizon V3c Release Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The info was officially released to employees late this afternoon (EST at least):

Release dates:

Online Promotion: December 7th

Official in-store release: December 12th

Pricing BEFORE $100 MAIL-IN REBATE:

2yr: $299.99

1yr: $349.99

Full Retail: $419.99

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=783755