How Much For Spark Plugs Change?

Hello,

Called the dealer and they are charging $365 for plugs change. How much have you guys paid for thsi service? Also, does anyone know a good lexus mechanic in Miami, FL that could do this job for less?

$365 is ALOT for mua.......

Funny enough theres another lexus dealer charging $200 but I think that guy just told me that to hang up with me lol

Oh yeah I forgot to say I have a 98 GS4

The flat rate for the change should be about one hour. The iridium plugs at the dealer cost me $12.00 each, so the total should be around $200.00 plus any taxes. And that's Canadian dollars.

Hello,

Called the dealer and they are charging $365 for plugs change. How much have you guys paid for thsi service? Also, does anyone know a good lexus mechanic in Miami, FL that could do this job for less?

$365 is ALOT for mua.......

Funny enough theres another lexus dealer charging $200 but I think that guy just told me that to hang up with me lol

Oh yeah I forgot to say I have a 98 GS4

[/quo

I recently changed the plugs myself. This is easy to do. And gratifing also. I would also change the plug wires. $140.00 at dealer. Also the two distributer caps and rotors around $48.00 also from the dealer. The wires are also easy. The caps and rotors are somewhat time consuming and difficult. But very well worth looking into. I thought my dist caps looked in " Good " condition. But when I removed the coil wire from the right bank cap the terminal broke off and was found to be full of corrosion. Spend some more and do this right. My engine run excellent now and I am very pleased. You will need various 10 mm sockets 3/8ths and 1/4th drive Short and med extensions and ratchets to fit the drives. phillips screw driver a 16mm spark plug socket. an articulating socket adapter for the 3/8th 10 mm socket. and a short 1/4th drive breaker bar for the rotors. Use thread lube for the plugs. Also you may need a long needle nose plier to retrive the old plugs when the are unscrewed. torque the new plugs.Forum threads say 13 foot pounds. The plugs I installed listed 21foot pounds. Keep your removed parts orginized. And clean hands during instilation of the new parts. Look for a picture tutorial at www.lexls.com ( not my site ). for plug and wire replacement. It took me around 6 hours for the total change. 3 hours for just the plugs and wires. Good luck