Sc400

SC2SOARER

Hello just joined the club. I recently purchased a 93 sc400 and am looking for websites or other lexus forums. Tried googling but only this site was worth the time. Any ideas? Also my new (used) vehicle didn't come with all the keys. I only received two, none wich seem to be the master since they don't have the lock button. Found a key sale but seems to be too old. Is there an updated promotion code.

Does anyone ever get their locks changed when buying from private owner or is reprograming your keys enough to avoid theft. I don't think the person that sold me the car would be capable of doing such a thing but am paranoid with such a nice car. I am also thinking of installing an aftermarket alarm so should I not bother getting the keys with remote? I appreciate any info.

-Micks

Congrats on your new car man! I just got myself a 93 SC400 today too (pics coming soon) :cheers:

www.clublexus.com is also another great site for lexus enthusiats. Not sure about your key question though. Try doing a search here or over at clublex. You can always call up lexus and ask them. They'll probably charge $$$ for it though.

Your Lexus dealer is going to be the only one who can get you a replacement of the master with alarm fob. And it won't be cheap. About $55+ for the key and another $75+ for the remote portion, and yet another $150+/- for them to "program" it. I think that's about how it's all priced out. I remember because I wanted to get a full master key with remote for my wife to have after picking up my '93 SC4 last year, and that's the run-down I got from the dealer. The numbers are probably a bit off, but plan on spending at least $250 for the whole shot from the stealership. Un fortunately though, there's no other way around it - besides just getting an aftermarket system installed, that is.

Do a search on this site for Sewell Lexus for the keys. They had the best prices and can cut from your VIN. Also do a search for programing the remote, very easy to do and not worth paying a penny for.

I bought the knockoff Lexus Keys for about $19 each and then a master key remote for $30 off ebay. Key doesn't match the car but saved a small bundle. BTW, you should love the SC as I truly like my 95 SC300.

:cheers:

Where did you find a master key remote and how did you program it?

The problem with the Key/remote is that it does not have much range. The 93 gives no signal that the doors have locked or unlocked. I would much prefer and stronger fob remote.

Thanks,!

:cheers:

"only received two, none wich seem to be the master since they don't have the lock button."

No Master Key?? You will need a Master key to make additional copies of your keys. Without that 'bad boy' you will be required to replace the ECU unit like some of us have experienced. However, I am not sure if the 93' is designed differently??? Can anyone confirm this? If you discover that you dont have a master key then your NOT purely out of luck. Months ago I had the same issue and called Lexus Customer Satisfaction. Discovered that Lexus has an Immobilizer Replacement Program. They replace the ECU unit for free. All I was accountable for was the purchase of the new key (Non-Remote Master) and labor of installing the ECU ~ totaling $150. Not bad considering the ECU unit retails for over $1k.

Key Note:

* Your car does NOT have to be under warranty.

* They will provide only one ECU replacement per vehicle. (They Ask for VIN)

* You may take your car to any Lexus Dealer.

If any of you are interested contact Lexus Corporate: 800 255 3987, Customer Satisfaction.