Sc300 Hp Gains

Someone posted a topic asking about HP gains (w/o turbo or supercharger) for the SC400. I noticed that the replies said that there wasn't much you could do, and what you could do would probably cost more than a turbo or supercharger so that would not be much help to the person who posted the topic.

So my question is, What about the SC300? I know it's an Inline 6 and the same motor thats in the n/a MKIV Toyota Supra, so are there more modifications that can be made on the 300 than the 400? I've been told that my motor has potential and that it's an excellent motor to work w/ and fix up. So there has to be atleast several cheaper ways to fix it up and get decent HP gains. I really don't have an extra $5000 layin around to purchase a turbo. So it all comes down to this, Are there any ways other than a turbo (and less expensive) that I can get HP gains? I would be satisfied if I could just get 50 more HP (but I think that's a stretch). Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, one more thing, is Nitrous really worth it? I mean the boost just comes from hittin a switch, it's not like it's working under your hood the whole time like an intake or something. Is it worth the risk? What do ya'll think?

Hmm... http://planetsoarer.com has the BFI (big ***king intake). It's basically a do-it-yourself cold air somewhat ram intake. The site claims a 17hp increase. It costs less than 20 dollars. This is for the sc300 and 400. A knowledgeable person here would also recommend a torque convertor. It won't give you horsepower but it'll shift gears faster and maybe it won't rob as much hp as oem. An exhaust might help in conjunction with the intake. Although you might not get as much with exhaust, it'll sound faster (gets in your head). You can also try camshafts for exhaust. There might be cam gears for sc400, not sure, but there are for sc300. Those are basically most of the major N/A upgrades.

I wouldn't recommend bolting on a supercharger by yourself, unless you're qualified mechanic. I would also recommend having it dyno'd once you've gone this route. I know of a couple of people who've received Supercharger Kits from New Zealand. Unfortunately, when I asked Jackson Racing about a posible Supercharger for my LS. They weren't very interested last year. You might want to check with some of the kit making companies about this. Let us know if someone can. Good luck.

a company called C`s in japan makes a supercharger for the 1uzfe but it costs a good $7000 so if you cant get jackson racing to make one this is your only way to get a blower oh and also its order made so you might have to wait a while to get it. as for the 3uz or any other 430 models blitz now makes a blower that turns out about 350 hp and more torque but i dont know those specs. also TOM`s makes a blower for the 3uz it makes 354hp and 57kgm of tourqe what ever that is in foot pounds. also the good thing about TOM`s is that in japan toyota sais that the blower wont affect warrentees the bad thing is that it costs a good 10G`s

Hmm... http://planetsoarer.com has the BFI (big ***king intake). It's basically a do-it-yourself cold air somewhat ram intake. The site claims a 17hp increase. It costs less than 20 dollars. This is for the sc300 and 400. A knowledgeable person here would also recommend a torque convertor. It won't give you horsepower but it'll shift gears faster and maybe it won't rob as much hp as oem. An exhaust might help in conjunction with the intake. Although you might not get as much with exhaust, it'll sound faster (gets in your head). You can also try camshafts for exhaust. There might be cam gears for sc400, not sure, but there are for sc300. Those are basically most of the major N/A upgrades.

a Torque Converter wont make your automatic shift faster, but it will increase the stall speed to whatever you choose, and it will greatly improve 0-60 acceleration. A Valve Body Recalibration would improve the faster shifting, but it doesnt give as much gains, just improves the life of the tranny by reducing heat.

Ive done my research, and a 50-75 wet shot would be a very inexpensive route for added power. Anything above 75 would require an upgraded fuel pump if your looking for a safe setup.