Aux Device Input On '04 Rx330 For Mp3, Satellite?

nelks

I have a 2004 RX330 with NAV and premium stereo, but no DVD system. I want to have a direct input jack installed into it. I am looking to be able to use the headphone jack on an mp3 player, satellite player, etc as the source of the output to the stereo. It really does not matter to me if the cord is hanging from the back of the stereo or there is a headphone type jack on the center console panel. What does matter to me is that it is a direct input with best possible sound quality. I currently have a cassette tape interface and an FM transmitter. Both work, but not as well as I'd like them to. The cassette adapter works fine and is consistent, but the sound is not very good at all. There is always a constant background noise. The FM transmitter has much better sound, but not consistent in regards to a clear, steady and static free signal. Does anybody know if the back of the stero has RCA inputs for an AUX device? Or is there a way to hook up an mp3 player or satellite another way directly? Any devices anyone knows about made for an RX330? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Even if you know a stereo store that could help me in the Columbus, Ohio area, that would be great. I really would like to be ready for Sirius in January and be able to play my mp3 files. Thanks in advance.

I have a 2004 RX330 with NAV and premium stereo, but no DVD system.  I want to have a direct input jack installed into it.  I am looking to be able to use the headphone jack on an mp3 player, satellite player, etc as the source of the output to the stereo.  It really does not matter to me if the cord is hanging from the back of the stereo or there is a headphone type jack on the center console panel.  What does matter to me is that it is a direct input with best possible sound quality.  I currently have a cassette tape interface and an FM transmitter.  Both work, but not as well as I'd like them to.  The cassette adapter works fine and is consistent, but the sound is not very good at all.  There is always a constant background noise.  The FM transmitter has much better sound, but not consistent in regards to a clear, steady and static free signal.  Does anybody know if the back of the stero has RCA inputs for an AUX device?  Or is there a way to hook up an mp3 player or satellite another way directly?  Any devices anyone knows about made for an RX330?  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.  Even if you know a stereo store that could help me in the Columbus, Ohio area, that would be great.  I really would like to be ready for Sirius in January and be able to play my mp3 files.  Thanks in advance.

I'm surprised no one else has replied to your post yet. Here is a link to a device that I believe meets your needs:

http://vaistech.com/aic100.html

However, I do not yet have the device myself, and can't speak to its quality. And it is indeed prety pricey. But until someone else suggests a better alternative, this is on my short list of solutions to the problem you describe.

Thanks for the reply. I saw that adapter as well and the main thing I was not too happy about was the price. However, the ability for the device to work through the NAV system screen and to have the steering wheel controls work with it is awesome. Another thing is the fact that I did not see a Sirius adapter for it. Unless, I am mistaken it looks as though it is designed for XM, which I do not want. I am definitely considering it at this point though as I have not found too much else.

Actually the link listed above was for the auxiliary input adapter only, which I was not aware they sold alone. I was referring to the package that comes with the XM satellite interface, which is pretty cool, other than it's XM. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...