Type Of Oil To Use

Ok this always starts major debates on the Corvette sites, but now I also own a 95 SC300. Bought the car used recently so I have no history. Here is what I know, car has 79.9K miles and has used no oil in the last 3.7K of highway miles. So what is the general concensus on the type and weight of oil folks are using? I'm a Mobil 1 fan for most of my vehicles but they either started life that way or were converted before 1.5K miles.

Open for suggestions of who is using what. Everyone has an opinion so please try to put some justification of why you are making your statement.

Thanks,

Joel

PS, is there any way to lower the bottom seat cushion an inch or so?

:D

Open for suggestions of who is using what.  Everyone has an opinion so please try to put some justification of why you are making your statement.

Are you intellectually open to using what the Toyota engineers recommend? If so, the weight and minimum API grade oil to use is marked on your oil filler cap. The factory fill oil in all Lexus's is dinosaur oil. If you are not inclined to follow the Toyota engineers recommendations then you can search the forum archives and spend days pouring over 1,000 opinions from over 100 Lexus owners on what oil and weight to use.