Sc400 Atm Drain & Refill

lexus082

The lexus repair manual states drain and refill is 2.0 QTS of Type T fluid. I drained out exactly 3.0 Qts. (I measured). Is this normal? The last one to service the transmission was Lexus and they did a drain and fill. If this is normal thats fine or did Lexus add too much fluid when they did the drain and fill?

I believe that they just dropped and emptied the transmission pan and did not do a complete flush of all the transmission fluid. Check your owners manual to see what the real capacity is for your transmission oil. I believe that you should be replacing your transmission oil with the upgraded toyota type 1V which was not available in 1994 as far as I know. It will take several 2-3 qt changes to replace most of your system's oil. You might want to check with lexus regarding a complete flush like AAmco advertises but I'd be sure to bring my own toyota type 1V fluids as I doubt they have it.

It's pretty routine for service shops of all types to overfill engines and transmission with oil (that way they get to sell an extra quart of oil). 2.1 quarts drains out of my '91 LS400 transmission (if it is not overfilled) and it is equipped with same transmission as your '94 SC400

It's pretty routine for service shops of all types to overfill engines and transmission with oil (that way they get to sell an extra quart of oil).  2.1 quarts drains out of my '91 LS400 transmission (if it is not overfilled) and it is equipped with same transmission as your '94 SC400

Salutes:

Just make sure you bring it up to the operating fill capacity, that is whats most important. Following the owners manual instructions.

C. PR