Xenon Bulbs

lex

i just over heard you saying you installed them on yours so thats why i told him.sorry

whoa bbsal

don't take me that way

i don't mind anyone speaking up to help another

i just found it funny i didn't even need to answer and thought it was a nice thing to see helpful members

that is all

and it isn't over hearing me, like something is wrong feel free to quote anything as long as there is a direct reference if needed

o my fault.i thought you meant it in a different way.sorry i toke it the wrong way.i dont mind helping other people here so thats why i answered his request.i figuered you meant it in a good way but just wasnt sure so thats why i said that..also thanks for all your help.your one of the reasons im still here helping others since you helped me with stuff i needed.i love it in here!i can get help and give it at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

i installed a hid kit in my 95 es300. The stock projection housings really help spread the light. There is a major improvement to what i can see at night. I installed a 5200K kit because 6000k or above is too blue and will actually put less light on the road. I mounted my ballast underneath the headlight housing. If you take off the headlight housing, you'll see a 4 inch thick steel rod. That rod connects the bumber to the car. I just used 3m double sided tape to attach the ballasts to these rods and it sticks like crazy! Just make sure you make some kind of water shield so rain will not get on the ballast and rust. I thought this is a good place because it is far away from the engine which helps NOT to put extra heat on the ballasts.

Did someone mention running seperate ground wires to prevent flickering? I have that problem. Where do you run the ground wire to? Just any metal unpainted part of the car?

• 2 weeks later...

:huh:

Hi guys

I want to upgrade the headlights on my car, however when I did this with my 92 ES300 they barely lasted 2 months before they burned out. (Thanks, Pep Boys) :angry:

I need a good recommendation on which types of bulbs to buy that will last. I want the "hyper white" lights that have the "bluish" tint to them. I hope that made sense. :blushing:

Also, will these bulbs affect the dash needles at all?

Thanks!!

Silverstars (have them in my '96, more of a white color, not much blue). Also try PIAA Extreme White (hard to find in stores, and a bit pricey), or Razo Premium White Zero (hard to find in stores, but cheaper than PIAA)

I want to upgrade the headlights on my car, however when I did this with my 92 ES300 they barely lasted 2 months before they burned out. (Thanks, Pep Boys)

If the bulbs lasted only 2 months I definitely would check out the voltage regulator and make sure that it's not charging at too high a rate since this would shorten the life of bulbs radically. Also, changing to the hyper white bulbs will not affect the dash needles.

i personally got a different type of bulb. they're MTEC bulbs. they burn at 4350K and are more of a white color, but when looking at the projector, it has a blue tint. real cool. the problem with these bulbs in my region, is that the street lights are quite bright, so it drowns out my bulbs... pretty sad. lol. :) but MTEC's are just about tied with PIAA in quality. they are the two top brands in Japan.

I've looked into the PIAA lights but not sure which # will fit my 98ES... is it #9006?

98ES uses H7. One of the improvements in the 97 redesign was the claim that the low beams were 30% brighter, based on using the newer type H7 bulbs and a more efficient free-form reflector.

not to burst your bubble, but PIAA doesn't make an H7 marketed in the states for the H7. I do think you can find them on the web from outside the states.

only H4, H3, and 9004, 9005, 9006.

these PIAAs run about $75/pair.

an H7 Sylvania Silverstar (very close to PIAA) can be had from Europe on the web. Most Silverstars run about $40-60/pair and can be had in most autoparts stores.

check you manual for the proper bulbs needed.

I agree with squarehat, the 2 gen ES is/was H7 for lows, 9005 for highs and H3 for fogs.

Whatever you do, make sure the wattage if the new bulb is what the car requires. 55-60w. Don't deviate from this.

steviej

Ok I'm sorry if I'm just not getting it, but I looked up sylvania silverstar (online auctions) and nothing came up for "H7" ...so is it #9006 that I can use?

And also, are they the ones with the bluish tint to them? I haven't been able to determine this...

-thanks guys-

H7 bulds cannot be switched with 9006 bulbs. The connectors are different.

The H7 silverstars come from europe. You won't find them on Sylvania's US website.

Do a google search on "silverstar bulbs", you should get some hits for UK based buld distributors.

There may be some International members that may also be able to hook you up.

Silverstars will give you the look of HIDs that you are looking for. Very nice bulb.

PIAAs will also provide that, but again...no H7 from PIAA.

steviej

i personally have MTEC racing headlights. they can be bought on ebay for $25 + shipping.

link to a pair of H7's

there's a pair of H7 MTEC bulbs on ebay. i have 9006 on my lowbeams. they are very clear and clean.so much more white than blue. since it burns at 4350K, it's almost stock Lexus HID temp which is 4100K. they look great.

no problem... tell me how they turn out. the brightness is a little low for me, but i'm used to seeing HID's and all, so the 100w output isn't much of a comparison to ANY HID kit. :D

i wish i had $400 for an HID kit, but it's just too much for lights at the moment.