Hid Fogs, I Got Them Now.

SKperformance

Ok i had the HID's for a while but took them out of my Civic i don't use for now.

Put them in the foglights ad can't belive the difference. I thought i loved my HIR bulbs which are gerat but don't come close to these things.

Had a friend take the shots at tonight's Toyota/Lexus meet.

Got another shot of the anodized calipers peeking through the rims also.

You can see the clear corners and the 5 LED bulb which actually fills the whole reflector unlike most LED's.

Also bought a little Chrome handle that attaches the the license plate bolts to close the trunk easier.I love it since it cannot be seen unless you are looking for it.

Just look above the plate for a slight shadow and that is it .

And yes that is a JDM Skyline parked next to me.RHD got to love it.

226_2666a.jpg

226_2667a.jpg

226_2668a.jpg

226_2670a.jpg

226_2671a.jpg

Nice.  Where did you get the little handle?

Sk, I am really liking the look of the LS, I think the fogs are looking so sweet, Do you have a sponsor for your car? Huge compliments, I like the larger wheels on a LS but I really don't like them that big on a GS or ES. Maybe I am quirky in that respect. Keep up the great work. :cheers: B)

I believe 20's are for large sedans , anything bigger is for Suvs only and anything that does not at least have 300hp should be under 20's for sure.

I have no sponsors for any of my cars, i love them and mod them accordingly.

The little handle is actually a MB accessory part.

I used to see them all the time when i worked for MB as a lease return inspector and never gave them a second thought.

Until i bought my LS and realised it was lacking something to close not open. I then remembered it and asked some of my friends to look out for one but no one ever saw them.

It is a MB oem accessory for the SL, S , CL and a few others.

On MB cars they have upper and lower bolts so they usually mount under the plate but ours is only above. I may add some bolts and attach it to the plate itself on the bottom but for now it works great.

Still have all this stuff at home waiting to install

the body kit with the 3 piece spoiler

colour match both sets of rims ,stock ones and the 20's

colour match the grille

paint the headlight eyelids

redo the exhaust piping with 2 borla 2-1's for the y pipes

wood leather wheel and shutter

might get a set of 9005 yellow bulbs for the high beams so my drl's will be a nicer yellow when they are on.

im really loving the LED side marker... looks real nice. I have a set, but I never installed them out of fear of them looking bad with the lights on... got a link to where i can find these LED's?

Forgive me if you mentioned this in a prior thread, but are license plate lights WHITE? (i like those too) or is it just the camera and lighting conditions?

Keep up the good work man.

Here is one more pic with the lights off someone else took during the meet when i was not looking.

DSCF0569.jpg

Don't have a link for the 5 led multi firing 194 bulb.I got them from eBay for about $10 a pair.

The bulbs on the license plate are piaa extreme white bulbs i bought about a year ago for $5 at a wholesaler clearout.I never thought i would use them but i liked them more than using a set of led's

Also bought a little Chrome handle that attaches the the license plate bolts to close the trunk easier.I love it since it cannot be seen unless you are looking for it.

Just look above the plate for a slight shadow and that is it .

I am not sure I understand. How does this help close the trunk easier? Maybe it is an LS thing. ;)

Here is one more pic with the lights off someone else took during the meet when i was not looking.

DSCF0569.jpg

Don't have a link for the 5 led multi firing 194 bulb.I got them from eBay for about $10 a pair.

The bulbs on the license plate are piaa extreme white bulbs i bought about a year ago for $5 at a wholesaler clearout.I never thought i would use them but i liked them more than using a set of led's

That's the best pic I've seen so far. :cheers:

Neo , with the trunk on the LS there is no handle on the lid to close it so you have to press down on the paint . Not something i like to do with any car. It just gives me something that i don;t care getting fingerprints or scratching.

I agree the last pic does look nice since the lights are off it cuts the lens flare and the apature being closed trying to compensate for the additional light. Thus it gives a brighter more detailed pic , also it is a larger megapixel size jpg.

• 1 month later...

I have factory HID's and have 9006 adapters on some gen 3 phillips ballasts for my fogs.

I think xenon depot is a rip off and i am in the same city as them and would not spend it with them.

You can buy a kit just as good for less than $300

Hey SK

Man, your LS looks absolutely great, what a sweet ride. I thought I was the only one who didn't like pushing down on the paint to close the trunk. I had a Cadillac years ago that would close the trunk for you.

Hey one thing, is that a little dent under the right rear of your back end?

Thanx for the pix

Thanks guys

The kits i use i put together myself so they are not from ebay but i would educate yourself on HID's first to get the most for your money on www.hidplanet.com

The rear bumper has a dent from the previous owner which i have not and will not fix as i am installing my body kit to replace it after winter.

There is ainner handle on the trunk but it is a waste of time to even try and use.

In Reply,

SK, Just pointing out features of a 430 that I have experienced since my 400. No harm intended and am not snubbing, as a former 400 owner and that admiration of "total" engineering led me to a 430. I "are" an Engineer :blink: . Having owned several MB's, I am well aware of their engineering, but when it comes to finesse, "they" are "old tech". That is "exactly" why I drive a Lexus today. By the way, what is that hole in your bumper?