22's On A 2006 Lexus Gs300

as someone has mentioned before i want to put 22's on my car also i have the awd model and just curious did u lower the car after you put on the rims or did it all at one time ... basically my question is did you lower the car becasue the car looked retarded with big wheels or ??? let me know

Thanks

Joe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow theres a lot of hate going around. What we need to understand is some people like flying under the radar. Others like flashy things. Then you have the car enthusiasts that do things not for the likes of other but more for themselves. Its not their fault others like or or hate. First of all a Lexus is one of the last things you want to fly under the radar with. Not only are they luxury autos they tend to get alot of glances. I say nice wheels! I dont think I would sacrifice the speed and ride quality. Ill stick with my light 3-piece wheels. What can I say, Im a speed nut.

I agree that some responses were a little over the top but disagreeing does not mean hate. When posting on a publicly viewed forum, you should expect good and bad responses. As long as the owner likes it, that person should just read the responses and go drive the car s/he enjoys. These are just words anyway. ;)

It all comes down to tastes and what you are used to. Forget 22s, some people are already not liking 18s. That is just their taste. Nothing wrong with it.

From all the pics I've seen, I just can't get used to anything over 20s. I went from 16s to 18s to 20s. With 20s, if the face is a forward design with no lips, I think it is too big too. But when the face is recessed behind some lips, it looks perfect to me, and I stress to me. :)

There is an aesthetic balance and I think 19s and 20s work well with the body of the GS. For others, the numbers are different. We can just all agree to disagree and enjoy our own cars. :D

• 3 months later...

Stackin Chips:: Your car is awesome.. its nowhere near ghetto in my opinion. I have similar rims on my 06' GS300 AWD but in 20x8.5s.... the dorks here in WA state are saying it cannot be done because:

20"x8.5" Chrome TIS wheels are..

1) too heavy, will ruin the the AWD functions

2) tire pressure sensors won't fit, they wont touch them! (small town - im prob the only one with 20"s here)

3) front rubs on the wheel wells or fenders.

I'm glad you were able to put 22"s when no one else said it could be done. I'm already having problems with 20"s... imagine what u had to go thru. I feeel the pain and frustration!!!

Where did you get it done at anyway? The fender rolling... I have a feeling I will have to get mine done, recommendations for a shop you went to in CA? I wanna go there asap!!!

'06 GS300 AWD Black/Black w/ Chrome TIS07 20x8.5 --- Pix posted soon once a shop knows what they are doing installs the wheels w/ tire pressure sensors. Thanks.

Anyone can do whatever they want to there car, That's there choice. But when you post your 'Choices" You better be able to handle the public feedback. Personally I love the car and dislike the wheels and look. It is degrading a beautiful automobile. And I am sure the "LEXUS FEEL" is compromised. It's not "cool" and I do not "enjoy" Just my opinion.

Please believe I can take the feedback, but if someone is going to be immature about their comments then it's only natural to answer back. I mean....look, you don't like my wheels and I have no problem because you stated your simple opinion w/out being degrading.

As for the ride...it's still smooth because the car has only been lowered an inch. A lot more road noise though....thanks for he "honest" and "mature" feedback.

Oh yeah....btw, I never said that the wheels were "cool." i was using that in refference to the costanzas remarks.