22's On A 2006 Lexus Gs300

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quit the bullshyt

Oh hell with it ,you are suspended costanza.

Take a hike

So I call no one any names, but simply state my opinion about the whole "giant wheel" syndrome, and I'm called a "hater" with a "big mouth and no money", and nothing is said to that person, but I'm suspended? Makes perfect sense to me :blink:

people like costanza is EXACTLY why i dont like this board anymore.

you can never get the info you want and when you do post people like him just bash you.

blue 06- Instead of letting it get you down on the board, next time you see someone posting the way Costanza did just send SK or me a PM and we'll take care of it. As you can see, we don't put up with that kinda BS here but we need to be made aware of the issues so that we can take care of them.

Keep doing your thing. Don't let any haters get in the way. I like it!

As for the hater who's really pushing it, I am from the ghetto. I am proud to have come from rags to living a decent life. I've seen most of the "ugly" that this country has to offer. I still love big rims and Church's Chicken. I went from a broken down Ford to a Lexus and I'm proud of it. Now tell me what's wrong with that?

people like costanza is EXACTLY why i dont like this board anymore.

you can never get the info you want and when you do post people like him just bash you.

blue 06- Instead of letting it get you down on the board, next time you see someone posting the way Costanza did just send SK or me a PM and we'll take care of it. As you can see, we don't put up with that kinda BS here but we need to be made aware of the issues so that we can take care of them.

Thanks SW03ES, the reason i said that was because I also got bashed when i posted pics of my car awhile back.

Dont get me wrong, I understand not everyone is going to like the mods people do to their cars, but they could say it in a nicer way or dont post at all.

Constructive criticism is ok but straight bashing is uncalled for.

Keep doing your thing. Don't let any haters get in the way. I like it!

As for the hater who's really pushing it, I am from the ghetto. I am proud to have come from rags to living a decent life. I've seen most of the "ugly" that this country has to offer. I still love big rims and Church's Chicken. I went from a broken down Ford to a Lexus and I'm proud of it. Now tell me what's wrong with that?

Rising up from rags to riches is the American dream. Just don't bring the "ghetto style" up to the big house or you'll be looked down on. Otherwise, just keep your ghetto-fied Lexus in the hood and don't get upset when people point you out for what you are :)

I am going to leave this here so everyone can see what a "loser" looks like.

A loser being a person who just can't stand to see anyone with something that is nice. A loser who has to always look at the negative . A loser who just had to sign up under a new name just so they could have the last word.

Edited by SKperformance

Rising up from rags to riches is the American dream. Just don't bring the "ghetto style" up to the big house or you'll be looked down on. Otherwise, just keep your ghetto-fied Lexus in the hood and don't get upset when people point you out for what you are :)

what is YOUR problem?! You were banned from this board for a reason, quit signing up under a diffrent name, your not fooling anyone.

dam if i was in GA, id take care of your a$$ myself!

actually i'll be out there Nov. 11th and would LOVE to give you a GHETTO a$$ whoopin!

Here we are in 2005 and you still have people like that. You live in the wrong era. You live in the era where mostly minority athletes (who some come from the "ghetto") in basketball and baseball are getting paid numbers beyond this world. You live in the era where rappers slap huge chrome rims on Lambroughini's & Rap is the most popular music in pop culture today (source: the billboard charts). I bet you must be living in misery just thinking about "ghetto" folks getting that type of paper. I'll stop it here because this thread has probably already drifted waaaaay off topic.

This loser doesn't deserve our attention. It took away attention from a nice ride. I will say that people have different tastes. Some like big rims and others maybe customize their cars with gaudy paint or bodykits. Whatever your style, it's your ride. And for me personally, I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, I have been putting wheels on every vehicle I have owned since I was 16. To me, stock is very boring. Why have the same thing as everyone else? Dare to be different, step out on the edge and take the leap!

If he wants to put 22's on the new GS, then so be it. I personally think that they look DAMN GOOD! :cheers: They flow well with the lines on the car and it almost has the concept look to it. Maybe he isn't going the whole "speed, performance & handling" route with the car. But that is his call! I'd bet the car still rides and handles the same, but some people don't see it that way when you 'customize' a luxury car.

Kudos to the moderator for the way that 'Costanza' was handled, he was stating criticism, not opinion.

So, to everybody that has posted their 'opinion' :D, and to all of you who 'criticize' :censored: !

Happy Holidays!

Maybe he isn't going the whole "speed, performance & handling" route with the car. But that is his call! I'd bet the car still rides and handles the same  -ABQFirefighter

Come guy, think about things, the bigger-diameter wheels usually require shorter-sidewall tires. The stubbier the sidewall, the stiffer the ride.

Nissan, for instance, uses 18-inchers on some models of the Titan pickup, but if order the off-road package, you get 17s instead. That way the tire sidewall can be taller (and be equal in overall diameter with the 18s and shorter sidewalls) and will help a absorb some of the rough-stuff impacts via a sidewall that gives a bit more.

i.e...........the bigger the wheel the rougher the ride and that is a FACT.

Maybe he isn't going the whole "speed, performance & handling" route with the car. But that is his call! I'd bet the car still rides and handles the same  -ABQFirefighter

Come guy, think about things, the bigger-diameter wheels usually require shorter-sidewall tires. The stubbier the sidewall, the stiffer the ride.

Nissan, for instance, uses 18-inchers on some models of the Titan pickup, but if order the off-road package, you get 17s instead. That way the tire sidewall can be taller (and be equal in overall diameter with the 18s and shorter sidewalls) and will help a absorb some of the rough-stuff impacts via a sidewall that gives a bit more.

i.e...........the bigger the wheel the rougher the ride and that is a FACT.

Yeah, No doubt about the rough ride and if you drive that car aggressively with those wheel/tire combo they will rub and to me that is totally unacceptable. If you are shooting for looks for show=fine but for driving around forget it, Not to mention speed bumps and the like. And you probably have to have a race jack to get under it if there is a wheel/tire blowout. And I wonder if the compartment for the spare is big enough for those tires? But to each there own and there driving habits. But that is only my opinion and shouldn't be taken the wrong way.

i.e...........the bigger the wheel the rougher the ride and that is a FACT

I'm not doubting the above statement.......Sheesh people! I'm not trying to start a 'yes, it rides worse' debate. I was just making a statement and once again, it turns into a big deal. It will ride different than stock, no doubt about it. I just can't stand people that don't like to customize their rides bashing people that do or have a negative comment to make about it. If you don't have anything good to say when people post pics of their mods, don't say anything at all. People like to see approval of their efforts, not people bashing or stating their dislikes. I know it's a free country, but what if every time you made a post, somebody would make a negative comment back? It would get old, wouldn't it?

Maybe my reply come out the wrong way...............I am not bashing the fact the guy wants to put 22's on his ride. His ride is his ride he can do what ever he/she wants to do to it. I am not riding in it nor is anyone else on the forum. This topic has gotten off of the subject..........I posted pictures when I changed my wheels "Check out my new rims" and no one bashed me. I was looking for options not controversy.

Kind of a old topic but im still going to reply to it,

The lexus gS with the 22 inch rim looks great, as a 20year old college student i love wat u have done to it. The reason why i state my age is because im sure a person from 20-29 year point of view would be different than a person which most lexus owners are 40+. If i wanted to put rims in my ES330 it would be in the 20's also. Lowering your GS looks nice but be careful!!! i use to drive a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT lowered and man, curbs seem scarier than ever...

• 3 weeks later...