22's On A 2006 Lexus Gs300

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is too big for the car but that's just me. To your credit, you did drop it enough to offset the height. What are the specs of the rims and tires? Any fender mods? Any neg camber involved? Rubbing?

And I don't think many said it could not be done. It was more that it shouldn't be done or it couldn't be done without sacrificing looks and ride on a luxury car. It is your car, however, and I'm glad YOU did what YOU wanted to YOUR car. :)

ghetto? to each his own I guess. I like it man, and congrats on the car!

Ghetto is spending ridiculous amounts of money modding a base model car with such things as completely impractical giant wheels meant purely for "flash". Giant wheels are the new phallic symbol. In other words, I'm more of a "man" because I have bigger wheels than you. And denial is NOT a river in Egypt :blink:

Thanks for the feedback Abear....as for Constanza...well....i smell pure hater. I posted the pic up for other members to enjoy and if you didnt like it then hey...move on.

You say, "Ghetto is spending ridiculous amounts of money modding a base model car?" Well....what do you consider ridiculous amounts of money? You must not make that much if you consider these mods "ridiculous"....but that's cool. I understand.

As for Neo.....thanks for the support and honest opinion. Here is some of the information I do know about the wheels and mods....

Front 22x9.5 with a 2.5-inch lip

Rear 22x10.5 with a 3.5-inch lip

Pirellis P-Zeros all the way around

Front: 245/30/22

Rear: 265/30/22

Fender Mods: Modify the rear bumper brackets, roll fenders with Lorinser fender rolling tool, Tanabe springs

As for ride, the car still rides smooth since it's been lowered only an inch....a lot more road noise though.

Thanks for the feedback Abear....as for Constanza...well....i smell pure hater.

Thanks for provong my point :D

Isn't "Hater" supposed to = jealous. Your ridiculously impractical wheels that ruin the Lexus' "road experience" are supposed to make you into the "man" that everyone envy's and wants to be, right? Dream on :P

I see guys all the time blowing wads of cash on throw-away items like giant wheels (usually chrome) that are supposed to compensate for something they apparently lack. Either that or they're starved for attention :lol: Look at me! Love me...want me! :geek: It's just a variable on the kids that go out of their way to wear outrageous clothes, hairstyles, etc., that they think will make them the center of attention. I guess they do give us something to laugh at ;)

Thanks for the feedback Abear....as for Constanza...well....i smell pure hater.

Thanks for provong my point :D

Isn't "Hater" supposed to = jealous. Your ridiculously impractical wheels that ruin the Lexus' "road experience" are supposed to make you into the "man" that everyone envy's and wants to be, right? Dream on :P

I see guys all the time blowing wads of cash on throw-away items like giant wheels (usually chrome) that are supposed to compensate for something they apparently lack. Either that or they're starved for attention :lol: Look at me! Love me...want me! :geek: It's just a variable on the kids that go out of their way to wear outrageous clothes, hairstyles, etc., that they think will make them the center of attention. I guess they do give us something to laugh at ;)

Anyone can do whatever they want to there car, That's there choice. But when you post your 'Choices" You better be able to handle the public feedback. Personally I love the car and dislike the wheels and look. It is degrading a beautiful automobile. And I am sure the "LEXUS FEEL" is compromised. It's not "cool" and I do not "enjoy" Just my opinion.

Costanza- Cool it or be banned.

Everyone has different opinions, and feedback is welcome be it positive or negative. That feedback however needs to be CONSTRUCTIVE. Your responses have been nothing but degrading and insulting and that will not be tolerated here.

I suggest you look over the rules of conduct and adhere to them if you want to continue posting here.

That is a gorgeous car. I dont get the lowering though. Lowered cars to me look like the owner has done a Dukes of Hazzard bridge jump with them, and hasnt gotten around to replacing the suspension system. Can you drive over things like speed bumps, uneven pavement or pine needles with it that low?

Aside from the lowering, that car is slick. Great color, great model, like the wheels.

people like costanza is EXACTLY why i dont like this board anymore.

you can never get the info you want and when you do post people like him just bash you.

I thought the point of these boards was to help out other GS owners?!?!

hey costanza, why dont u crawl back into the hole you came out of and sniff some ether.

Stackin Chips - i personally like the wheels and how you got them color matched. you've done more mods too right? i thought i read about ur car on the clublexus site too? you have more pics of the other mods?

Anyone can do whatever they want to there car, That's there choice. But when you post your 'Choices" You better be able to handle the public feedback. Personally I love the car and dislike the wheels and look. It is degrading a beautiful automobile. And I am sure the "LEXUS FEEL" is compromised. It's not "cool" and I do not "enjoy" Just my opinion.

Please believe I can take the feedback, but if someone is going to be immature about their comments then it's only natural to answer back. I mean....look, you don't like my wheels and I have no problem because you stated your simple opinion w/out being degrading.

As for the ride...it's still smooth because the car has only been lowered an inch. A lot more road noise though....thanks for he "honest" and "mature" feedback.

Oh yeah....btw, I never said that the wheels were "cool." i was using that in refference to the costanzas remarks.

Ha ha ha....thanks for the support. I figured that I'd try this board out but your'e right....guy's like Constanzado make for a sh*tty time. Pretty much guys with big mouths and small money.

As for your question on the wheels.....I just had the faces removed and color-matched and at a paint shop, and then reassembled. But nowadays you can paint even one-piece wheels....seen it done plenty and it looks just as good.

BTW...nice ride! I saw your Lexo when i was going up to someones house that lives a block from you. I saw your car sitting rimmed up and was like Whoa! I was gonna check 'em out but didnt want anyone one to come up gunz blazin! ha ha ha.

As for mods I had the A/B/C pillars & headliner redone in suede, Alpine subs/Amps and Icon TV's added to the ML system as well as custom headrests (with monitors) made - they'll be installed next week.

people like costanza is EXACTLY why i dont like this board anymore.

you can never get the info you want and when you do post people like him just bash you.

I thought the point of these boards was to help out other GS owners?!?!

hey costanza, why dont u crawl back into the hole you came out of and sniff some ether.

Stackin Chips - i personally like the wheels and how you got them color matched. you've done more mods too right? i thought i read about ur car on the clublexus site too? you have more pics of the other mods?

A very nice car the rims are a bit big but they still flow with the car to give it the Factory prototype look they do with massive wheels.

I thought i would not like a wheel that big on a smaller car but it actually fits the car nicely.

You did it right and it works, although it would scare the !Removed! out of me driving them daily on the road with potholes and such.

Do they rub at all since you pushed the fender lip back?

After rolling the fenders and modifying the rear bumper bracket...there is no more rubbing at all. The front is OK....you can pull a hard u-turn on level ground but you have to watch the way you angle up steep driveways since the fender will still catch once the suspension compresses. Thanks for the feedback.

A very nice car the rims are a bit big but they still flow with the car to give it the Factory prototype look they do with massive wheels.

I thought i would not like a wheel that big on a smaller car but it actually fits the car nicely.

You did it right and it works, although it would scare the !Removed! out of me driving them daily on the road with potholes and such.

BTW...nice ride! I saw your Lexo when i was going up to someones house that lives a block from you. I saw your car sitting rimmed up and was like Whoa! I was gonna check 'em out but didnt want anyone one to come up gunz blazin! ha ha ha.

hey, where did you see my car? i saw it says ur in Cali, i'm actually in AZ, but thx for the compliments.

i would love to see more pics of the inside once you get everything done.

Damn! My bad.....there's a car just like yours in Glendale,CA! Either way....your car looks great! I'll post more pics up in a bit.

Chips,Oct 30 2005, 06:19 PM]

hey, where did you see my car? i saw it says ur in Cali, i'm actually in AZ, but thx for the compliments.

i would love to see more pics of the inside once you get everything done.

As for Neo.....thanks for the support and honest opinion. Here is some of the information I do know about the wheels and mods....

Front 22x9.5 with a 2.5-inch lip

Rear 22x10.5 with a 3.5-inch lip

Pirellis P-Zeros all the way around

Front: 245/30/22

Rear: 265/30/22

Fender Mods: Modify the rear bumper brackets, roll fenders with Lorinser fender rolling tool, Tanabe springs

What are the offsets?

After rolling the fenders and modifying the rear bumper bracket...there is no more rubbing at all. The front is OK....you can pull a hard u-turn on level ground but you have to watch the way you angle up steep driveways since the fender will still catch once the suspension compresses. Thanks for the feedback. 

I guess our definition of rubbing is different. You probably got rid of the wheels not "fitting" by doing the fender mods. No rubbing when driving in optimal conditions (flat road going straight) is just getting the wheels to fit. If it rubs when the suspension compresses or a combination of turning and compression, then it still rubs. My 20s on my 2nd Gen GS still rubs by my definition but does not by yours. :) I am not sure how much room is in the wheel well but with the 2nd Gen, this spec will definitely rub the top of the liner when you hit a dip at moderate to high (70-80mph, not even crazy high) speeds.

Just a couple of things to note. You are running about 2" larger than OEM diameter. This means the speedometer (and also the odometer) will be a little more than 9% off. That is pretty high. Also, your rear diameter is larger than the front diameter. You may have some issues with the abs sensors since your front and rear wheels will be rotating at different speeds. Although in normal driving, you may not see the abs issue, be careful in extreme conditions (weather, accident avoidance, ...). Also be careful with speed. Driving between 60-90, you will be about 5-9mph faster than what is showing.

For example, you might think you are at the 65 speed limit but you are already at 71.

Be safe. :)

Good advice about the traveling speeds. Thanks. As for the rubbing...yeah...i guess you're right it does rub because going up really steep curbs is a !Removed! with a full load. but....I guess that's the price we pay for droppin 'em. With the exception of the tall driveway entries..the car doesnt rub even with three passengers and uneven roads. But again...a lot of fender work on the inside rear.

I guess our definition of rubbing is different. You probably got rid of the wheels not "fitting" by doing the fender mods. No rubbing when driving in optimal conditions (flat road going straight) is just getting the wheels to fit. If it rubs when the suspension compresses or a combination of turning and compression, then it still rubs. My 20s on my 2nd Gen GS still rubs by my definition but does not by yours. :) I am not sure how much room is in the wheel well but with the 2nd Gen, this spec will definitely rub the top of the liner when you hit a dip at moderate to high (70-80mph, not even crazy high) speeds.

Just a couple of things to note. You are running about 2" larger than OEM diameter. This means the speedometer (and also the odometer) will be a little more than 9% off. That is pretty high. Also, your rear diameter is larger than the front diameter. You may have some issues with the abs sensors since your front and rear wheels will be rotating at different speeds. Although in normal driving, you may not see the abs issue, be careful in extreme conditions (weather, accident avoidance, ...). Also be careful with speed. Driving between 60-90, you will be about 5-9mph faster than what is showing.

For example, you might think you are at the 65 speed limit but you are already at 71.

This is probably a dumb question but if i'm off by 9% and doing 71 when I'm at 65...is the odometer clocking a higher mileage count? of lower? I'm assuming it would be lower? Is that right? Thanks again.

This is probably a dumb question but if i'm off by 9% and doing 71 when I'm at 65...is the odometer clocking a higher mileage count? of lower? I'm assuming it would be lower? Is that right? Thanks again.

Lower. I guess it is a benefit if you are trying to keep mileage down. ;)

Using the same example, you are going 71mph and CHP will clock you at 71mph. :)

The speedo, however, thinks you are going 65. So in an hour, you have gone 71 miles but the car only thinks you went 65.

Ha ha ha....thanks for the support. I figured that I'd try this board out but your'e right....guy's like Constanzado make for a sh*tty time. Pretty much guys with big mouths and small money.

Apparently you have "big money", which is why you got the 300 instead of the 430?

Either way, the amount of money in a person's wallet has nothing to do with their taste or maturity, or the need to prove their manhood with over-sized wheels :rolleyes: