Wind Noise...to Much Of It!

drugme

Have had my '05 GX for a couple of months now. Definately a great vehicle. It seems to glide over the freeways but am getting excessive wind noise in doing so. Is this the norm with the GX, it sure can't be...especially for a high priced luxury vehicle. Is there something that I can do to minimize wind noise?

Have had my '05 GX for a couple of months now.  Definately a great vehicle.  It seems to glide over the freeways but am getting excessive wind noise in doing so.  Is this the norm with the GX, it sure can't be...especially for a high priced luxury vehicle. Is there something that I can do to minimize wind noise?

My 05 is very quiet.

Have had my '05 GX for a couple of months now.  Definately a great vehicle.  It seems to glide over the freeways but am getting excessive wind noise in doing so.  Is this the norm with the GX, it sure can't be...especially for a high priced luxury vehicle. Is there something that I can do to minimize wind noise?

My 05 is very quiet.

So, then is this something I need to address with the dealer and will they be able to do anything about it?

thanks

My 05 is very quiet.

So, then is this something I need to address with the dealer and will they be able to do anything about it?

thanks

I'm also experiencing lots of wind noise above 35 MPH, especially if I'm on the freeway going over 65. I purchased some chrome door pillars on eBay and put them on right after I purchased my '05. So I really don't know if it's normal (the wind noise), or it increases because of the pillars, or something is wrong with my car. Can someone who has the door pillars chime in?? TIA

• 2 months later...

I know it has been awhile since last posted on this subject. But I finally got around to taking my 05 in and the dealer tells me that is normal because of the oversized side mirrors? Are they feeding me a bunch of *BLEEP*e cause they don't want to deal with it? Any suggestions?

There are rubber seals that go along your doors, windows, and sunroof, to prevent air and noise to come in, if someone had tried to break into your car at one time or if you had it jimmied for some reason that could create air leaks and noise, an accident and bodyshop repairs can also do that....

Mine has a noise in the rear. More like a wind flopping noise.

Asked the dealer and comment was there are some air release

baffles in the back someplace. When cross air is hitting the

vehicle just right it might affect these. Well I dont know but

that is the story got

I am new here--I have an 05 GX and mine is quiet too--I am a Lexus master tech here and have found a few GX's complaining of excess wind noise--make sure the roof rack cross bars are properly aligned--when they come in new and I do pre-delivery preps to them, you have to install roof rack cross bars and rear end covers (left off from factory to prevent damage when loaded on transport truck)--on the inside track of each rail (long part on either side of roof) the factory places a center punch mark with a white painted dot to align the front of crossbar to--these are located 2 on each side on the INSIDE of track (kinda hard to see)

on located towards front and other towards rear--if the crossbars arent aligned, i have found that they make a wind/buffer type noise comming from roof area (esp. when sunshade is open)--make sure that whoever did pre-delivery prep installed/aligned them correctly (and by the way, i have seen them installed backwards, also causing noise)--they have arrows on topside left&right of crossbars--install pointing towards front of vehicle--i have spent hours trying to locate wind noises on GX's and found that tech installed/aligned incorrectly when prepping--hope this info helps--email for with more quest.---thanks :wacko:

How do you aliagin the cross bars to the center punched / white dots? The white dots are on one side and the center punches on the other. Should the front, middle or center or some other part line up on these marks?

Thanks for you help.