You Guys Rock!

deejay

OK, so, yesterday, my beloved '92 LS400 started slipping out of gear on the way home. I was pretty p***ed off because I was sure I was going to have to buy a new tran$mi$$ion. It was too dark to do anything, so I came home from work at lunch to try to work on the problem. Checked the fluid, wasn't low and was pink and didn't smell burnt.

I was sure the trip to the shop was inevitable, but then I noticed some other problems. When I stepped on the brake, the dash display dimmed and the "R"everse indicator came on, even with the shifter in drive. Also found that the back up lights didn't work.

Logged into the forum and did a search and quickly found a topic describing symptoms that were just like mine, and a simple solution by hughes369. Turned out that a wire was broken in the bundle of wires attached to the driver's side trunk hinge---exactly as described, down to the color of the wire! Spliced the wire and VOILA! All problems went away.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DEPTH OF KNOWLEDGE IS ARCHIVED ON THIS FORUM! Sorry for the all-caps and exclaimation points all over. I think I am a little delerious about not having to pay major bucks for a new tranny :D

All I can say is---you guys rock!

I love it when a member (especially new) searches and finds the world of wealth buried here in knowledge  . congrats

A perfect example of a perfect post. Congrats on your patience and steadfastness on searching and application of archived info. :cheers: ;)

Mods, Please pin this.