05-06 Gx470 Sirius Xm Integration

parts223

Here's The SIRIUS Deal And I Repeat Again, The 05 LX470-Land Cruiser Sirius Fit Kit Works Fine. It has NOTHING to do with the Rear Entertainment system, the applicable wiring is the same for both RSES and non RSES vehicles . It comes with the roof mounted antenna and the antenna mounts above the rear hatch as it should. The reception is fine. The ES kit also works. The reason I like using the LX kit is the wiring harness is longer and it is easier to find a place for the tuner.

The ES kits have a cheesy winshield antenna while the LX kit has the right antenna. The ES kit is electrically identical to the LX kit. The ES kit is easier to install because of the antenna location.

11 installs and counting.

This will work in ALL Gx470s that have Bluetooth Integration. If your GX470 has no Bluetooth integration then it is the older software and SAT WILL NOT work.

Part Numbers:

Fit Kit: PTS31-60050

Receiver: PTS31-00050

Tech Info:

http://techinfo.toyota.com/tis/tismain/lex...ml/indexL0.html

You need to pay for the tech info though.

Regards,

Rob

Here's The SIRIUS Deal And I Repeat Again, The 05 LX470-Land Cruiser Sirius Fit Kit Works Fine. It has NOTHING to do with the Rear Entertainment system, the applicable wiring is the same for both RSES and non RSES vehicles . It comes with the roof mounted antenna and the antenna mounts above the rear hatch as it should. The reception is fine. The ES kit also works. The reason I like using the LX kit is the wiring harness is longer and it is easier to find a place for the tuner.

The ES kits have a cheesy winshield antenna while the LX kit has the right antenna. The ES kit is electrically identical to the LX kit. The ES kit is easier to install because of the antenna location.

11 installs and counting.

This will work in ALL Gx470s that have Bluetooth Integration. If your GX470 has no Bluetooth integration then it is the older software and SAT WILL NOT work.

Part Numbers:

Fit Kit: PTS31-60050

Receiver: PTS31-00050

Tech Info:

http://techinfo.toyota.com/tis/tismain/lex...ml/indexL0.html

You need to pay for the tech info though.

Regards,

Rob

What exactly is shown at the techinfo site? Does it show how to install the Sirius kit in a 05-06 GX??

What exactly is shown at the techinfo site? Does it show how to install the Sirius kit in a 05-06 GX??

It has instructions on how to install the kit in an LX. Just follow the instructions, noting the exceptions below.

The wiring harness must go down the drivers side of the car, as the GX has the amplifier under the drivers seat. Also, the Sirius tuner fits well right behind the trailer hitch relay in the left luggage compartment panel.

I posted the general guidelines below on another board.

If your GX470 radio has Bluetooth integration then it has the latest software and supports Sirius right out of the box. Just go to Toyota buy the 05 Land Cruiser/LX470 kit and follow the directions, with one exception. The wiring harness must go down the drivers side of the car, as the GX has the amplifier under the drivers seat. Also, the Sirius/XM tuner fits well right behind the trailer hitch relay in the left luggage compartment panel.

Quick directions are as follows.

1)Remove the radio and screen combo from the dash. You only need to pull it out just far enough to get to the back of the radio.

2)Pull back the rug from the amplifier under the front of the drivers seat.

3)Remove the drivers left foot rest by pulling towards you.

4)Remove the left side kick panel and the under dash panel.

5)Remove the step for the third row seat, behind the left rear door.

6)Remove the carpet trim from the left front and rear door openings.

7)Remove the carpet from the luggage area. This involves removing all the floor trim including the trim from the rear door.

8)Remove the rear seat bracket (3rd row only) in the left side luggage area.

9)Remove all the seatbelts that are bolted into the rear left lower trim panel (2).

10)Remove the pocket from the left luggage trim near the seat bracket.

11) Pull out the lower luggage panel. Be careful not to hook the cloth on the top panel.

12)Pull down just enough of the upper panels to get your antenna wire up and around to the top of the rear door.

13)Run the Antenna wire as per the instructions on techinfo.toyota.com.

14)With all your panels off run the harness from the back of the radio down the left of the car, pass the amp wires under the seat to the amplifier.

15) Tie the wires to the factory harness where possible, do a neat job.

16) The amp mounts beautifully behind the trailer hitch relay in the left rear quarter.

17) Test and put it all back together.

18)THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH SOME EXPERIANCE AND ARE ONLY A GENERAL GUIDELINE> You must get a set of instructions from the techinfo website to augment these instructions. I only illustrate the things that are different between the LX/Land Cruiser instructions and the GX. The plastic parts and panels are easily cracked when removing, and I wont be responsible for anything you do to your vehicle. But if you feel confident, go for it.

I just installed it this weekend. It took about 2 hours and was really not hard to do. The radio is fully integrated. Pressing the AM button gets you SAT 1-2-3 presets. I don't know why Lexus doesn't advertise the fact that this vehicle is Sat ready.

Which years it works for:

I've tested this in a few GXs it seems that the radio that has the TRAFFIC button on the radio itself is the older software and neither the radio nor the screen has the software to support the SAT. If you have a radio that has the Scan button, and the Traffic button is on the Audio Screen then you have the later software and the fully integrated Toyota/Lexus kit should work.

For the older vehicles the only other integrated option is vaistech for XM only.

Rob

Parts223 you are doing to much work first of all if your doing the sirius tuner you can do the lx kit I beleive jashev was talking about the Xm tuner which you can use a 05 lx kit but not a 06 kit if you look in TIS the 06 kit needs to be connected to the rear seat audio controls on the back of the center console. As for putting the tuner all the way in the back of the car you can get either tuner xm or sirius in gx or rx behind the glove box. The only thing that you are getting from the factory amp is constant and ground cut that Y harness off in there is a yellow (constant ) black (ground) wire you can get that behind the radio. Put the antenna on the roof next to the sunroof passenger side run wire down the A pillar into engine compartment threw grommet into car. 45 minutes max as for how man I did more than 11 last week.

power behind radio

RX blue/ black stripe constant

Brown ground

GX blue / yellow stripe constant

White / black stipe ground usually use power outlet

Zube,

Throw me an email at aramis@unforgettable.com

I am in New Jersey as well, I am about to order the ES kit since several people did the install by simply connecting to the NAV harness then running the wire down the middle console and under passenger seat where they placed the reciever and then ran the antenna under the passenger door trim all the way to the back then up the rubber gasket of the rear gate to the roof... if you are saying that the LX kit simply has a longer harness from NAV to Reciever then I can get that since I would certainly benefit from having an external antenna though I can use one from my current Sirius reciever. ANyway throw me an email or a number so we can talk... I am in NJ. BTW: if you need a have a hook up for 6000k or 8000k quality HIDs cheap..

peace

Correction Sirius tuner will fit behind glove box of GX not xm you can put the xm tuner under carpet below passenger seat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is everyone using the ES kit on the 06GX470? Some L#xus dealerships have stopped installing the Sirius on the GX because of the song name displayed being cut off at the end. And I guess they are going back and complaining. For those of you that have it can you confirm it? So the NAV units are different on the ES than on the GX? For those of you that had it installed by the dealer, and you have noticed the issue, are they going to warranty the ES unit and replace it with a GX unit if it ever comes out? How did they (L#xus dealer) say they were going to address the problem? I guess I am probing out there before I go and buy the kit for a buddy of mine that just picked up a GX.

Thanks

Parts223, What is the difference between part number PTS31-00052 receiver and PTS31-00050 receiver that you listed? Understood that they are different fit kits out there. Just was wondering what receiver you were refering to. I am assuming here, but most dealerships are using the PTS0052 receiver in the 06GX.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have an 06 GX so I guess I better get the 06 kit when I get around to installing a satellite kit in the spring.

Don't do it. The '06 LX kit is designed for rear controls for the NAV. Your NAV (06 GX) and mine (05 GX) are identical. If you go with the '06 LX kit it won't work. Remember, the kit wasn't designed for your model.

Does the CD changer need to be disconnected to work? I just had my '05 LX kit installed and it doesnt work.

I have an 06 GX so I guess I better get the 06 kit when I get around to installing a satellite kit in the spring.

Don't do it. The '06 LX kit is designed for rear controls for the NAV. Your NAV (06 GX) and mine (05 GX) are identical. If you go with the '06 LX kit it won't work. Remember, the kit wasn't designed for your model.

Does the CD changer need to be disconnected to work? I just had my '05 LX kit installed and it doesnt work.

Something doesn't sound right. I had the 05-06 LX Sirius kit installed in my 05 and my 06 GX and it worked great. I would have it in my 07 GX, but Lexus changed the amp connections, so I had to settle for the XM kit.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I have the Sirius LX kit with receiver and antenna for sale in the classifieds. Works great on the 05-06 GX with navigation and the LX.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone I'm just looking for some confirmation before I do something wrong :) My wife's B-day is coming up and she's been wanting Sat radio in her car and was upset that it couldn't be done. This is what I'm ordering

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetail.asp?...roduct%20Notes:

Her car is an 06 with the HK sound system and Nav so it should work. Any opinions besides the old info thats here?

• 1 year later...

Know this post has been going along time. But i just get my gx back. So thinking of the sirius install again.

How hard is it to remove all the trim panels to get the radio head unit out. Found the TSS-radio

conversion. Looks simple except for getting all the panel parts off

• 1 year later...
If your GX470 radio has Bluetooth integration then it has the latest software andd supports Sirius or XM right out of the box. Just go to Toyota buy the Land Cruiser kit and follow the directions, with one exception. The wiring harness must go down the drivers side of the car, as the GX has the amplifier under the drivers seat. Also, the Sirius/XM tuner fits well rigt behind the trailer hitch relay in the left luggage compartment panel.

I just installed it this weekend. It took about 2 hours and was really not hard to do. The radio is fullyy integrated. Pressing the AM button gets you SAT 1-2-3 presets. I don't know why Lexus doesn't advertise the fact that this vehicle is Sat ready.

For older vehicles the only other integrated option is vaistech for XM only.

Rob :cheers:

I have a 2003 which requires the vaistech integration option using the soundLinQ (Model SLX) and XMD1000 XM radio tuner. I am looking to hear from anyone who may have had to do a similar installation for advise before my installation this weekend. My concerns are accessing the head unit for cable installation (head unit & audio harness), running cables, where to mount the SoundLinQ and XM direct unit, and where did you mount and how did you run the SAT antenna. Any feedback or advise well appreciated. Thx.

• 11 months later...