05-06 Gx470 Sirius Xm Integration

parts223

If your GX470 radio has Bluetooth integration then it has the latest software andd supports Sirius or XM right out of the box. Just go to Toyota buy the Land Cruiser kit and follow the directions, with one exception. The wiring harness must go down the drivers side of the car, as the GX has the amplifier under the drivers seat. Also, the Sirius/XM tuner fits well rigt behind the trailer hitch relay in the left luggage compartment panel.

I just installed it this weekend. It took about 2 hours and was really not hard to do. The radio is fullyy integrated. Pressing the AM button gets you SAT 1-2-3 presets. I don't know why Lexus doesn't advertise the fact that this vehicle is Sat ready.

For older vehicles the only other integrated option is vaistech for XM only.

Rob :cheers:

• 1 month later...

If your GX470 radio has Bluetooth integration then it has the latest software andd supports Sirius or XM right out of the box. Just go to Toyota buy the Land Cruiser kit and follow the directions, with one exception. The wiring harness must go down the drivers side of the car, as the GX has the amplifier under the drivers seat. Also, the Sirius/XM tuner fits well rigt behind the trailer hitch relay in the left luggage compartment panel.

I just installed it this weekend. It took about 2 hours and was really not hard to do. The radio is fullyy integrated. Pressing the AM button gets you SAT 1-2-3 presets. I don't know why Lexus doesn't advertise the fact that this vehicle is Sat ready.

What year is you GX? How much is the Land Cruiser Kit? Can the Land Cruiser XM/Sirius Kit be used with the Vaistech the SLI to integrate the iPod?

http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

Thanks! :D

Is the satellite receiver able to be bolted to anything near the trailer hitch relay?

Will you post the dealer name where you purchased the kit? I've only gotten don't knows at the dealer I talked to.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can a audio shop install this or dealership. I dont really like messing

with stuff like this. Maybe not the land cruiser unit but something similar

Believe dealership can install this. I just bought a new 2006 GX470 two days ago. The dealer is offering a free Sirius radio. I just need to make an appointment to get it installed. This might be a joint market program between lexus and sirius radio. What I will get is a Sirius Radio plus 9 months service for free. After 9 months, I will need to pay for the services.

Believe dealership can install this. I just bought a new 2006 GX470 two days ago. The dealer is offering a free Sirius radio. I just need to make an appointment to get it installed. This might be a joint market program between lexus and sirius radio. What I will get is a Sirius Radio plus 9 months service for free. After 9 months, I will need to pay for the services.

Anyone have any insight on this free Sirius Radio offer? I asked the saleswoman and was told the Sirius unit will be placed next to the windshield rain senser behind the rear view mirror. When this is installed, will my regular radio still work? If I discontinue the subscription, will it negatively impact my normal radio? TIA.

When you have it done, could you post the part numbers of the Sirius kit that they install. It no doubt fits either the LX470 pr the ES330. The LX kit mounts the satellite antenna on the roof at the rear of the vehicle. The ES kit mounts the antenna on the inside of the windshield up by the rear view mirror. I would rather have the LX unit since the roof mount antenna works best for reception. Thats the reason why any satellite radios that come factory installed on other manufacturers vehicles always comes with an external antenna.

When you have it done, could you post the part numbers of the Sirius kit that they install. It no doubt fits either the LX470 pr the ES330. The LX kit mounts the satellite antenna on the roof at the rear of the vehicle. The ES kit mounts the antenna on the inside of the windshield up by the rear view mirror. I would rather have the LX unit since the roof mount antenna works best for reception. Thats the reason why any satellite radios that come factory installed on other manufacturers vehicles always comes with an external antenna.

I have an appointment on Jan 3, 06 to get it installed and will try to find out the kit name/number. I know for sure that this one is installed inside of the windshield by the rear view mirror. Saw one when I was shopping for the GX470.

[

I have an appointment on Jan 3, 06 to get it installed and will try to find out the kit name/number. I know for sure that this one is installed inside of the windshield by the rear view mirror. Saw one when I was shopping for the GX470.

Then that means they used the ES kit.

Just as a warning:

Based on my recent experience (Dec. 2005):

1. The '06 LX470 kit won't work in my '05 GX470 (Levinson/BlueTooth). Dealer tried this first, had to remove it.

2. The '05 LX470 kit works great. Delear replaced '06 kit with this, worked fine. We were able to get an '05 kit as of Dec 30th, 2005.

3. There is no interference whatsoever with the GPS functionality.

Enjoy!

-Adam

I have an 06 GX so I guess I better get the 06 kit when I get around to installing a satellite kit in the spring.

Don't do it. The '06 LX kit is designed for rear controls for the NAV. Your NAV (06 GX) and mine (05 GX) are identical. If you go with the '06 LX kit it won't work. Remember, the kit wasn't designed for your model.

I have an 06 GX so I guess I better get the 06 kit when I get around to installing a satellite kit in the spring.

Don't do it. The '06 LX kit is designed for rear controls for the NAV. Your NAV (06 GX) and mine (05 GX) are identical. If you go with the '06 LX kit it won't work. Remember, the kit wasn't designed for your model.

So then I should get the 05 LX kit for my 06 GX? I'm hoping Lexus comes out with a kit for the GX by springtime.

you dont want a lx kit for your gx if you getting xm you want a es kit

lx xm kit is specific to lx cause of the the rear audio controls

Does this mean that even though my '06 GX has rear audio controls I should install the es kit (and if so, which es kit (what year)? I just bought my car and told the dealer to install the Landcruiser kit. After 2 hours of labor we discovered that the '06 Landcruiser kit does NOT work in the GX.

As always zube, thanks for the email and thanks for the right information. Let me know if you have an xm kit for sale that will fit my GX. I'm there.

The 06 lx kit requires you to hook up to the rear seat audio display. In 05 it didnt. So the kit you need to use in a gx is 05-06 es kit. But you need to get creative with location of components.

Jashev you should of asked me first did the dealer charge you for the 2 hours labor.

The 06 lx kit requires you to hook up to the rear seat audio display. In 05 it didnt. So the kit you need to use in a gx is 05-06 es kit. But you need to get creative with location of components.

Jashev you should of asked me first did the dealer charge you for the 2 hours labor.

Yea, but the sales manager gave me a credit towards my next vehicle service. Sewell online shows the es 05-06 part for xm as 86100-0W100. Is this the one you are talking about?

Thanks again.

That is the right part number but the dealer is probably not the right place to get it done. The reason I say that is if they dont have instructions brackets and a specific place to put the unit they are lost.

The dealer (san jose, stevens creek) installed a sirius satelite radio to my GX470 yesterday. Here are the part numbers:

517 IS (not sure what this line is about)

1. PTS31-00052 Receiver Sirius

1. PTS31-33051 FITK, Sirius, ES M

The receiver was installed in the front inside the windshield next to the rear view mirror. The control is through GPS (another source of audio, so i now have AM, FM1, FM2, SAT1, SAT2, SAT3, CD, DVD). Receiption wasn't too impressive. I got "no signal" when the car was near and facing a building.

In response to another inquiry, I don't know if this free Sirius radio was offered by this dealder only or not. However, I didn't hear other local dealers mentioning of free satelite radio when I was shopping for my GX470. You may want to check Sirius website or call your dealer directly.

Edited by lexme

That is the right part number but the dealer is probably not the right place to get it done. The reason I say that is if they dont have instructions brackets and a specific place to put the unit they are lost.

I figured I would try to do it myself, unless you know someone in NJ who does this stuff. I have a 6000 sq ft heated garage with lifts and all sorts of good stuff. It does whoever sound like you may be the one I should be talking to about getting it installed. I'm a collector of classic US cars from the 50's and 60's so I feel most comfortable in that world.

lexme that is the antenna next to the review mirror for better reception you need to have them take out that antenna and put a antenna on the roof of the truck work 100 times better.

Jashev I dont know if you noticed my profile or not but I live in New Jersey.

lexme that is the antenna next to the review mirror for better reception you need to have them take out that antenna and put a antenna on the roof of the truck work 100 times better.

Jashev I dont know if you noticed my profile or not but I live in New Jersey.

I did see your profile, I just wasn't sure if this is what you do or if this is a hobby. Can you email me with a phone number where I can reach you and we can hook up. I will also email you my number.

Thanks,

Jon