• Gen 1 1992 -1994 SC400
    • Gen 1.5 1995 - 1996 SC300
    • Gen 1.5 1995 - 1996 SC400
    • Gen 1.6 1997-1999 SC300
    • Gen 1.6 1997-1999 SC400
    • Gen 2 2000 -2002 SC430
    • Gen 2.5 2003 -present SC430

• 1 year later...

I just inherited a 92 SC 400 gen 1 with 128,00 miles. I love the car but have a desperate need

for a tan driver interior door panel and the driver rack assembly that bolts to the floor. this assembly allows the seat to go forward but sticks making driving difficult.

Does anyone know what years rack assembly will replace it? My mechanic said he thought it was 92 to 94 and was a dual screw driven spring loaded

device. Any help would be appreciated. I neither know the part number or the specification.

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

i just bought an sc400 with 166,00 miles for $2,000. needs a little work but she'll be running great in a few weeks. im sending out the ECU to be diagnosed since ive been getting CEL lights and my heater seems to stay on. I've read its common ECU capacitors leaking acid onto the board. hopefully its not beyond repair. ive also check my CEL codes and it gives o2 senser codes, air/fuel ratio malfunction and the other one I forgot. i expect the worst but hope for the best

• 4 months later...

I bought my SC 400 new in 1993 and have always loved the car!  I have not modified it and have kept it in stock condition.  I have also sparingly driven it...it has less than 100,000 miles on it...NOT bad for a 23 year old car...and still looks new!

• 2 months later...

Hello fellow Lexus fanatics! My dream has come true! I became the proud owner of a Renaissance Red 1998 Lexus SC300 last summer. I may have overpaid the New Jersey dealer where I found her a little @ just over $6000 plus the minor repairs listed below but I don't care! Very clean considering she just turned 18! She had 112,800 miles on her when I got her and have only put 1000 miles on her(113,839) the past year. I only use her on weekends since me and my wife work in NYC and take the subway to work. I've been in love and lusting after one ever since I first saw SC's back in the 90's! But being that i was only 23 back then and didn't have $40,000 to spare I had to wait. I am her 3rd owner. First owner held on to her for 15yrs. and meticulously maintained her at the original Lexus dealer in Delaware. He kept the stack of service records in the original Lexus leather binder along with original owners manual which I both have! 2nd owner only had her for a little over a year(I'm sure He/She is regretting that decision now) and He/She fortunately did the Timing belt, Cam seals, Valve Cover Gaskets, Spark Plugs & Wires!! She was not perfect though when i got her. She needed a new Battery, 4 tires, Oxygen sensor, all 4 shocks, Starter, Serpentine Belt, Trunk shocks and Front drivers side Brake Caliper. Relatively minor stuff. I went to my mechanic to do all those repairs (Going to Lexus would've been way, way too expensive!) LOL. Never had any issues with my mechanics repairs over the years. Took her to my local Lexus dealer to have them check her out after those repairs and they gave her a clean bill of health! They said she was the cleanest SC they've seen in a while. One of the Lexus employees actually asked me if she's for sale! I said NO WAY! Engine is STRONG and Transmission shifts smoothly. Perfect Idle. When idling you can't even tell she's on. Purrs like a kitten. She is accident free!! No warning lights whatsoever! Both front and rear Tan leather seats have wrinkles but no rips or tears! All power electronics work, A/C is cold and heat is hot. Even the 12 CD changer in the trunk works no skipping nothing! Photos were taken today 4/20. She is a completely stock Automatic and WILL stay that way! I'm not gonna mess with perfection. She will be my car FOREVER!!My LEXI 1.jpgMy LEXI 2.jpgMy LEXI 3.jpg

• 2 months later...
On August 22, 2008 at 7:42 PM, TurboPhsycoSoarer said:

I just purchased a 92 sc300 5spd for $1300, and the good thing about it the man who owned it is a cetified lexus mechanic and took excellent care of it.

Man, lucked out, i baught my 92 sc300 from a mechanic that drove the hell out of it, haha, 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

2 weeks ago, bought a 92 SC400 with 129k miles. Fixed leaking radiator.  Need to change Nakamichi amp, 4 shocks etc... other things.   Love the car, although it might take a while to bring it back to full potential.  Good thing is exterior is almost perfect... interior as well.  

sc400.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a silver 95 sc300 with a 5 speed manual and a maroon 96 sc400 after that. I currently have a golden pearl 2000 sc400 and have owned it since 2005. These are some of the best cars ever made when you consider build quality, comfort, reliability and performance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just drove a 95’ SC300 home. Paid $7k with 112k miles. I figure I got a 2JZ with a pretty nice old car attached for that price. Its in need of some love, I am a gear head so here we go with a new project! 
It needs new rotors n calipers they are very rusty and warped. Someone slapped new pads on it. I already ordered KYB shocks, poly front control arm bushings, a aluminum radiator ( the original is puking out of the tank seals), trunk lid gas struts, a HVAC display (illegible), timing belt, tensioner and water pump kit, it never had a cabin air filter installed. 
It drives like a dream, solid as a rock, surprisingly good handling, silky smooth tranny ( I am going to change the fluid n filter for a baseline), and the door hinges blow my mind! The door closes like a bank vault! The best part is the 2JZ-GE! I always wanted one of these in my FRS I once had. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

2000 SC300.  Silver.  115,000 miles.  2nd owner.   Purchased on 12/31/2004

The only thing that doesn't work perfectly is my driver's side visor.  Matching silver duct tape holds it up.

PXL_20221105_205652255.jpg