• Gen 1 1992 -1994 SC300
    • Gen 1 1992 -1994 SC400
    • Gen 1.5 1995 - 1996 SC300
    • Gen 1.5 1995 - 1996 SC400
    • Gen 1.6 1997-1999 SC300
    • Gen 1.6 1997-1999 SC400
    • Gen 2 2000 -2002 SC430
    • Gen 2.5 2003 -present SC430

I have a 97 SC300 Black exterior with Black and Tan two ton interior for my daily driver.

I have a 92 SC300 Candy Metallic Daytona Blue Show car with 1JZGTE and everything upgraded for my sunday cruiser. Soon for sale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1997 SC 400...BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

lexus007.jpg

lexus003.jpg

I also own a 1997 SC400. Not as nice as yours. I had some chips on the hood and tried to use touch-up paint on them. It now looks like big boogers dot my hood. It is a dark forest green. I need to clean it up as it has bothered me ever since I did it. Help on how to do that without going to a body shop would be welcome. I did switch out the torque converter to the Dragon, what a difference that made! Otherwise, she is all stock and in great condition with just turning 100K.

• 1 month later...

I have a 93 SC400 which I bought for $10,300 three years ago. The car has 36,000 miles and we love it. The color has a gray and green tint depending on the light. This is probably the nicest lines on a car I have seen. It is a lpeasure to drive. I have tried to keep the miles down on the car. The only real problem is the battery won't keep a charge. I have to constantly keep charging thje battery or it will be dead in about one week. Has any boby had a simular problem.

• 1 month later...

Got myself a nice green 1992 SC400 for $2500. It has 136k miles and everything works except the following

problems: the radio fades out after a few minutes of playing (the 12-CD changer works great, though!), the

tilt steering wheel device only goes forward and backward, makes noise if I try to lower it, and the speedometer

is not working. It drives like a dream and still has plenty of power. It is an automatic.

I have heard that the tilt wheel steering device is a common problem that is easily fixed. Having some mechanical

and electronic ability, I will try and do it myself. I could use some manuals, though. But they are expensive! Anybody

have any advice on getting these manuals on the cheap? I searched eBay already.

Anybody have similar problems as mine with the radio and speedo? I am wondering if the speedo cable is broken

or if it is an electronic issue? What about the radio? It doesn't look easily replaceable in that style.

Please contribute and help a fellow Lexus lover! Thanks! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just received the title to our 1st Lexus, a 1993 SC400, Black (Ebony) over Tan, with approximately 84.5K miles. Had a 75K Dealer service (@80K), new timing belt, serpentine, radiator, KYB suspenders, Michelin P Sport A/S at about the same time. Broken interior passenger door handle is about the only thing I can find to fix: might even try drilling a couple holes for pins and give good ol' JB Weld a try...

Looking forward to a couple of decades of luxurious service from this baby!

Cheers!

p.s. When I can figure out how to post an image on this site I will.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

A year ago I purchased a 1993 SC300 for $500 from a friend. It has 250K on a 2JZ motor. It needs a lot of work, but my boyfriend is a mechanic/body and fender man, so I lucked out. I attached a couple of pics so please don't hate as this is a project car. Thanks! :)

30vlsgh.jpg

mrzqxw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

1992 sc300 car number 700? something i dont remember

my car has been really rode hard.

i had to get the seats and arm rest recoverd

i had to replace the trans

the computer keeps going out on me

had to replace the steering rack bushings,the clutch fan(wired in electric)

shocks all four,timing belt and waterpump ,radiator, tune up, kncock sensor,

the temp control head lcd , power steering lines, and several other various anti theft items

and the paint is totally messed up

so my experience has not been a good one,

i had dreams of little polishing and a few repairs

I GOT THE MONEY PIT!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...