• Gen 1.5 1995 - 1996 SC300
    • Gen 1.5 1995 - 1996 SC400
    • Gen 1.6 1997-1999 SC300
    • Gen 1.6 1997-1999 SC400
    • Gen 2 2000 -2002 SC430
    • Gen 2.5 2003 -present SC430

• 1 month later...

I have 92 SC400.

Brendan Bosy is right. I grew up wanting some of the 90's Japanese "super cars". So far I got my '91 300ZX TT, '92 SC400(wanted a 300) and next up is a MKIV Supra. I'm just waiting for the next Gen Supra to come out so the MKIVs could drop in price.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got done with some modifications on my 1995 SC300. Its a 5 speed and I take it out for drift and autox sessions. Take a look! :rolleyes:

Here are the mods:

TEIN Flex coilovers

Nardi steering wheel with quick release

19" Volk Racing TE37s

R1 Spec bucket seats

Body kit

Cross drilled rotors

Welded differential

I kept the motor bone stock since where I live is strict when it comes to emission.

1991744055_79fdbd4640_o.jpg

1991745107_093161e6e1_o.jpg

1992549426_ebc3d73913_o.jpg

2005823847_a8aaabc859_o.jpg

2005745697_a6a9f83e0e_o.jpg

Quick question for ya! What wing and body kit is that on your car? I would love to be rocking that! Also I don't know if your the guy who sold it or bought it but I saw this car on craigslist a while back. I almost soiled myself when I saw it! hahaha Bad !Removed! soarer man!

• 2 weeks later...

I traded in my 1990 LS 400 for my 1996 SC 300, with 10K miles. I now have 134K miles and I have loved every mile driving this car. I have given it all the service it needs. It has held up very well. I bought a 2007 RX350 with entertainment systems in the headrests for the Grandchildren. Car seats don't fit in the SC. Today's economy I am tossing over the idea of selling it and have tried. I am happy when they don't buy it. Everytime I go to the garage to drive the RX I just love to look at my SC it would really break my heart to sell it. A beautiful car on its own and don't know why some of you change and do the things you do to them. Lexus has not made another car to post-24587-1222712902_thumb.jpgmatch the SC !

1993 SC400. Recently purchased, 3rd owner. 160k miles. Paid $4k. Not too bad of a deal.

It needs the front seats and the steering wheel re-upholstered.

It has a fresh air compressor, good paint, no rust, a bad taillight and power antenna, fresh window tint.

It was owned by this fellow that had been running regular in it for 13 years.

I just replaced the original caps, rotors and plug wires.

Wires were brittle, caps were corroded beyond recognition, rotors were cracked.

It made a LOT of difference in the performance.

Just found out the power tilt column has a problem.

Overall, it appears bone stock....right down to the fcty SS exhaust with it's 3 feline components, 2 resonators and dual mufflers.

We are planning on leaving it that way for now.

I have a lot of learing to do to keep this thing in good shape.

Manuals are on order.

I hope to be able to get a long service life out of this vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently picked up a 93 SC400 in NJ and drove it all the way down here to NC. I've already fixed some wiring issues and have just started on the stereo part of it. I'll keep this forum updated with my progress. So far the search part of this forum has provided me with a LOT of helpful information!

Here are a few pics of it right when I got it home and washed it. The rain guards have been removed since the pics.

clean.JPG

lexrear.JPG

dish.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i own a 1992 Sc400, nice, but i live in mexico, i cannot legalize it mexico a Lexus car, but instead i could legalize a Soarer, since its a toyota. I know that both are Toyotas, but what can i do, it's mexico. My intention it's not to talk politics, i only would like to know if someones know iof a soarer made in USA, we can know it from the VIN number if starts with as J, was made outside US, i'll be glad to hear that someones own a Toyota soarer 1992,

Im lookin for someone made in US, (vin number starts with 1,2,3 or 4), thanks for the help :D.

Omar.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow man your car looks great! I love that color, and the body mods w/ the rims go so well together. It is very simple and clean and just looks absolutely amazing, so grats on that. Where did you find that spoiler, what is it called because that is one of the best looking spoilers I have seen for a SC.

• 1 month later...

After wrecking my 1999 Saturn SL2 (14.02 103.6mph 1/4 n/a) I found this beautiful 1995 Lexus SC300 automatic with only 122,000. Immaculate condition save for a small crack in a taillight lense and one of the high beam lenses.

Gold, tan leather interior, Nakamichi / Pioneer upgraded audio, and most buttons / levers / compartments on the car are un-touched. Car history shows it was a fleet lease vehicile for "high end" customers -- a phone call confirms that my car was essentially a "chaeuffers" car for executives being driven around between jobs while other repairs were done. Basically, the car never saw 60+mph, and lived in California til a local doctor traded it in on . . . an Acura.

So, I got this beautiful 2j, barely broken in, not a single problem with it.

Only modifications have been a drop-in K&N filter, Royal Purple 5w-30, Firehawd WideOval tires, and a custom exhaust; 2.25"-3.0" tapered velocity stack off the headers, no cats, 3.0" to rear axle, 20" glasspack into 3.0"in/2.5"d.out Y-pipe at rear axle, 2.5"-3.0" taper into Flowmaster Original 40's.

Breaks in more by the day, but DEEP and an appropriate 'loud' (a little louder than most Stang / Camaro setups), a beautiful 'rolling' burbly growl . . . I'll have to upload some video pretty soon.

Looking to add a standalone AEM when I do Cusco LSD and Tein Flex . . . . should be a damn solid 13.5 n/a car when built before turbo

• 1 month later...

I keep coming across your posts hb4yfe711. You don't want a swap. Just baby what you got and save up for a 4.7l block to bolt to your 4.0l heads and rebuild the 4.0l heads while your at it, maybe some cams. Its all money with these bad boys, cheaper to just maintain a keep an eye out for a good deal on 98+ sc400 with vvti and 5 speed auto. Then go nuts. Or just sell 400 and get 300 and do TT motor for around $5k with ecu/6 speed all wiring an such. Good luck, do tune-ups and you should recover about 10-40hp(yes 40) just due to neglect. I've seen other forums that backup #'s on dyno. Neglected electrical, dirty injectors, old fluids can leech 20% power out of the engine. You'll be amazed.

I have always wondered why most folks had older 92 rather than new 98,99, 00 SC400s. Then I saw these production numbers.

Production of the 1990-2000 Lexus SC 300/400:

1991: SC 400 9,374

1992: SC 400 12,695

1993: SC 400 9,624

1994: SC 400 7,392

1995: SC 400 4,364

1996: SC 400 2,557

1997: SC 400 2,043

1998: SC 400 1,243

1999: SC 400 826

BTW - I ride a '92 sc400

• 4 weeks later...

i just purchased a 1995 sc300 with 122,000 miles for $7500 like 1 month ago and it was well worth it :D its red paint job looks mint and the black leather is still clean. also its a 5 speed so it HAULS !Removed!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I just bought 92 sc300, 100k, black, auto. Everything is bone stock!! I used to drive a 98 eagle talon TSI, untill some lady totaled it....On the talon I had put in some major engine time swapping motor, internals, turbo, clutch, flywheel, suspension, and more, so I hope to follow suit with this new platform.

I just purchased a '95 sc 400 with 151k miles for 6500. I was actually looking for a MBZ, but I saw this car and fell in love. What a great ride. A lot of power, sticks to the road like glue, totally totally clean, and sounds great. I am also very impressed by the reviews that I have read about the the sc series. With no doubt, I am sure that I made the right choice in the sc rather than the Benz. Not sure yet what mods I may install, but I will keep reading the posts from this site. Just registerd on my first visit, so I will upload photos within the next couple of days B)

• 3 weeks later...

This person is asking 9,800 for the car. What do u guys think with the mods. Anything I should worry about and will the car be louder with these mods. Thanks

Year: 2000

Make: Lexus

Model: SC 400

Transmission: Automatic

Address: Ukiah, CA

Date Listed: Apr-04-09

2000 Lexus SC 400 V8 - CYL 4.0 Liter 325 HP, DOHC engine with VVT-I Fuel Injection 5 Speed Automatic ECT-I Transmission, 4-Wheel ind double - wishbone suspension front and rear stabilizing bars, 4 wheel power assisted ventilated disc brakes, Lexus Nakamichi Premium Audio System, 6 CD auto Changer ,Power tilt & one touch slide moon roof, Carpeted trunk and much more. White in color Leather seats with genuine Bird's - Eye wood interior trim. Installed after purchased Kyb suspension lifetime gas Struts,Performance dual exhaust,OBO II Converter. This was the last year this car was made!! Have all receipts for all oil changes and extras added. Also have a Used Car safety inspection report done 4/12/06. Mostly garaged hardly used. Beautiful car smooth ride.Has 118,000 Miles but if you know these cars they go up and over 300,000 miles!! Priced under KBB should be able to 100% finance!!! Great deal.....$10,300.00 Firm. Serious Buyers only!. This car is beautiful, fast and Luxurious!!!