Buyer Beware!

Moony400

Hey All,

My uncle called me up to take him to go check out a 94 SC400 with 55K for $8,800. I said wow 94 with 55K??????? So we went. The car is black, trunk looks clean. minor dents all around the car. Engine is as dirty as an old Ford in a junk yard and here's what tip me off. The driver seat is really bad and old. Lots of crease as if someone has been driving it everyday for the last 10 years and for it to have 55K, doesn't seem right. Plus the guy says he's selling for a friend who doesn't have time (that's always creapy). The odometer say 55K like advertised. I asked him if we would like to make any offer, who do talk too? Him. We test drove the car and didn't feel the power. We took the VIN number and ran it through CARFAX, and it came back stating that as of 05/2005, it was registered at 124K!!!!!!!!!

BUYER BEWARE OF OLDER YEAR CAR WITH VERY LOW MILES

Not sure how they change to output of the odometer, but there must be a way.

MoonySC400

Its pretty easy swap to just swap out guage clusters from another SC that has lower mileage. Only takes a few minutes and you cant tell a difference unless you run a car fax report or view other records and those aren't always up to date or exactly accurate. Bet your happy you decided to do a car fax report.

Hey All,

My uncle called me up to take him to go check out a 94 SC400 with 55K for $8,800.  I said wow 94 with 55K???????  So we went.  The car is black, trunk looks clean.  minor dents all around the car.  Engine is as dirty as an old Ford in a junk yard and here's what tip me off.  The driver seat is really bad and old.  Lots of crease as if someone has been driving it everyday for the last 10 years and for it to have 55K, doesn't seem right.  Plus the guy says he's selling for a friend who doesn't have time (that's always creapy).  The odometer say 55K like advertised.  I asked him if we would like to make any offer, who do talk too?  Him.  We test drove the car and didn't feel the power.  We took the VIN number and ran it through CARFAX, and it came back stating that as of 05/2005, it was registered at 124K!!!!!!!!!

BUYER BEWARE  OF OLDER YEAR CAR WITH VERY LOW MILES

Not sure how they change to output of the odometer, but there must be a way.

MoonySC400

I almost purchased a 99' ES300 advertised 50k miles but after a CARFAX, discovered the vehicle had approxiametly 150k miles. $25 CARFAX report was well worth the bucks. There is a federal law allowing "victimed" consumers the opp. to sue for odometer tampering....