Salvage Vehicles For Sale

1CHP2C

I just heard on the radio that some people are trying to sale salvage vehicles that were declared Total Loss by the insurance companies over in the western states because of the Katrina Hurricane. As a new buyer myself I found this information very helpful. does anyone know what to look for when buying a used Lexus other than a Carfax report.

Thanks,

You have about another 2-3 months before those carss are fully released into the American wholesale market.

With any used car dealer or private make sure you get it so you can see where the car was registed .This is the easiest way to stay clear of anything from New Orleans and its surrounding areas for years to come.

I can assure you, if the car was ever registered in the New Orleans area during the dates of the hurricane, there will be a warning at the end of the detailed breakdown portion on the carfax. I know this because I ran one for a member here from that area not too long ago :whistles: , and it had a big red warning to consumers that the car was registered in the affected counties of Katrina during those dates. But I can assure you his car is just fine ;) . Infact, it's got more than twice the miles mine does, and looks twice as good.

I can assure you, if the car was ever registered in the New Orleans area during the dates of the hurricane, there will be a warning at the end of the detailed breakdown portion on the carfax. I know this because I ran one for a member here from that area not too long ago  :whistles: , and it had a big red warning to consumers that the car was registered in the affected counties of Katrina during those dates. But I can assure you his car is just fine  ;) . Infact, it's got more than twice the miles mine does, and looks twice as good.

Would that happened to have been blake?

Fact of life after any big flood, etc.. The slim is left behind. Over the years I have even seen two totaled cars cut apart and made into one.

There are more of those then one would think.

When hit from the side they crack open and everyone spills out. Saw one that came apart after hiting a speed bump at to high of a speed. About 30 mph....

Sorry I used to be an accident investigator.

Years ago Saab had about 2,000 cars wreaked by flooding. They sold them off, but cut everyone of them in half first to keep them off the market.

They forgot about welding torches and bondo.

One last word.

CARFAX!!!!!!!!!!!

I can assure you, if the car was ever registered in the New Orleans area during the dates of the hurricane, there will be a warning at the end of the detailed breakdown portion on the carfax. I know this because I ran one for a member here from that area not too long ago  :whistles: , and it had a big red warning to consumers that the car was registered in the affected counties of Katrina during those dates. But I can assure you his car is just fine  ;) . Infact, it's got more than twice the miles mine does, and looks twice as good.

Yeah, it says "CARFAX Advisory: This vehicle was registered in a county declared a flood disaster area by the Federal Emergency Management Agency ( FEMA )." I'm still shocked that doesn't have any mention of the body work I had done last year. <_<

I should email carfax to let them know that Louisiana is f-ed up, so we don't have counties. :lol:

It bleeped Mississippi?

The only thing I can think of is maybe you made a typo and pi$s got mixed in!

• 7 years later...

If I was also a Mod on here that crap would be gone along with your ability to post!!!!!!

Hi Steve, I think I removed all of these offending posts. If not get back to me and we'll remove this person as a member, or prevent him from posting.