Question About Ride Height

slowerjamz

I am having troubles or misunderstandings about the adjustable ride height. I basically want to drive on the freeway in the lower mode. However, when I reach about 10 miles per hour, it automatically raises back to the neutral position. Is there a way to stop this? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry my friend there's no way to change that the ride adjustment for height goes back to normal from high or low when you reach 10mph which is kinda stupid cuz the only thing it's good for is lowering the car to put groceries in so the raising the car is pretty much worthless

• 5 months later...
Sorry my friend there's no way to change that the ride adjustment for height goes back to normal from high or low when you reach 10mph which is kinda stupid cuz the only thing it's good for is lowering the car to put groceries in so the raising the car is pretty much worthless

I don't agree, you could figure out which wire comes from the speed sensor and install a dummy circuit to fool the logic so the ride height computer thinks it always under ten mph. And I think the raised posistion is great for off road rock crawling situations.

• 7 months later...

The height control ONLY changes the rear. If you were to intercept the speed sensor, your truck would look rather strange with the !Removed! in the air, or dragging on the ground down the freeway.

It is designed to raise the rear during off roading to help with approach and departure angles and obsticle clearing.

The secondary reason for the adjustible ride height is for towing. Ever see someone towing a trailer with the rear end dragging the ground. The GX corrects this problem with the rear adjustible suspention. It levels out the back end.

• 2 years later...
sux that we can't drive over 10mph in different height modes...:chairshot:

i know with the audi a8 you are modify the oem suspension to ride in the low mode and stay. i'm sure there is a way to do it with the lexus as well. anyone?

No sir. Vehicle wasnt designed to run at different height. There must be a mechanical reason like towing. Ive hauled a very heavy load in the back of the Gx twice and the air suspension raised the rear end to level the vehicle making it look like the vehicle's empty! But as someone mentioned it lowers to help the owner unload stuffs. Ive actually used it on my dad before who at times has a very bad gouty arthritis attack and that extra inch or two lower helps a lot to a person in pain.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
No sir. Vehicle wasnt designed to run at different height. There must be a mechanical reason like towing. Ive hauled a very heavy load in the back of the Gx twice and the air suspension raised the rear end to level the vehicle making it look like the vehicle's empty! But as someone mentioned it lowers to help the owner unload stuffs. Ive actually used it on my dad before who at times has a very bad gouty arthritis attack and that extra inch or two lower helps a lot to a person in pain.

You can use the High mode to 19 MPH and the low to 9 MPH according to the manual.

Low for loading things, High for increased ground clearance, very helpful for climbing a steep hill, keeps the tow package out of the dirt.

mgowe1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it in the lower position once. It is doable by adjusting the sensors. I found that if the car is not set for basically level, the suspension will bottom out too easily. If you think the car is running with the rear end higher than level, see your dealer. The adjustment isn't too hard to do.

• 7 years later...